Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Ride Comfort ???

midnight26

Thinking of buying a Ford Fiesta Titanium X 125 bhp but am concerned about the comfort of the ride as some models have 17'' alloy wheels as opposed to 16'' alloys.

The one I test drove had 17'' alloys and it wasnt a smooth ride by any means - it was bumpy rather than smooth and 'bouncy'

Does anyone know if I drove one with 16'' alloys whether or not it would be a smoother 'bouncier' rather than a 'bumpy' ride?

Any help on this greatly appreciated

I have the Ford Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost 125 Titanium with 16" allows an I must say the ride is excellent..

Smooths out the bumps and tricks the mind into thinking your driving something bigger!

• Like 2

Can't say I find the ride uncomfortable, I prefer to FILL the arches and 17's do the job.

Totally agree it's really comfy with my 16inch wheels with 205/50/R16

I wouldn't say mine on 17"s is the smoothest ride, but the roads aren't THAT bad around here. If you live somewhere with plenty of potholes, the smaller alloys may be more enjoyable in the long run!

Mine's a 125 Tit, the test drive car was a terrific ride, little did I know it had 15" wheels. Mine has 16", that plus the new, hard seat has caused a recurrence of sciatica. Be careful. Compared to the 15's it throws you around like a pebble in a tin can.

If anyone has a set of 15's at a decent price............

I wouldn't say mine on 17"s is the smoothest ride, but the roads aren't THAT bad around here. If you live somewhere with plenty of potholes, the smaller alloys may be more enjoyable in the long run!

Yeah the roads round here aren't the best but it doesn't bother me... fact is whatever you do you get used to it! And it looks awesome :D

i have 16"s and no issue at all. id even go as far as saying one of the smoothest rides ive owned :)

195/50R16 on my TX 125 and it's a little 'springy' but the ride feels very solid and connected

I've got an 13 plate ST and I've got to say the ride is great considering it's lower on 17's. But then again I do have the recaro seats in mine. So that will make a difference compared to standard seats.

Mine's a 125 Tit, the test drive car was a terrific ride, little did I know it had 15" wheels. Mine has 16", that plus the new, hard seat has caused a recurrence of sciatica. Be careful. Compared to the 15's it throws you around like a pebble in a tin can.

If anyone has a set of 15's at a decent price............

"Compared to the 15's it throws you around like a pebble in a tin can"

A bit dramatic Whiney, don't ya think?.

If I ever read one of your car reviews, you'd put me off for life.

I have 16" and I like the look of them, I did notice that the Pre-facelift model like mine came with 205/45/16 on the Titanium model and I do feel that driving on a bumpy road that the ride can be a bit harsh, The new MK7.5 models all come with 50 profile tires on the 16" so I think next time I have to change tires I will go for the 50 profile, It should still have the same look but drive better on the road.

"Compared to the 15's it throws you around like a pebble in a tin can"

A bit dramatic Whiney, don't ya think?.

If I ever read one of your car reviews, you'd put me off for life.

I have to admit, I do throw it around a bit but IME 15 vs 16 is like comparing a roller to a go-kart ;)

I have the 16's standard alloys on my new Titanium x and the comfort level is very good. I do like the look of the 17 inch upgrades . But wouldn't want to compromise the comfort levels. Titanium is built for comfort if you want to ride around on tyres with such a low profile you would be better off with the St . Go and test drive a titanium With the 16's you will notice a big difference!

Right from this my mind is made up which wheels I'm going for :d

Whinemart, you admitting you throw it about a 'bit' reminds me of your post saying you don't like to stick to speed limits instead using your own, do you think maybe if you did 30 in a 30 zone, and so on the ride would feel less bumpy and be err 'safer' all round? Also those speed humps and pillows are to slow you down, not present a dukes of hazard like challenge for your motor

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

I've had my car a week now 1.4 titanium 2011 and have 195x45x16 on and I do find it bumpier than my little aygo and also if I hit the white line in middle of road I feel a slight blip in steering. Had all the tracking done and it helped but can still feel every uneven surface so to me, they are deffo a harsher ride.

Right from this my mind is made up which wheels I'm going for :D

Whinemart, you admitting you throw it about a 'bit' reminds me of your post saying you don't like to stick to speed limits instead using your own, do you think maybe if you did 30 in a 30 zone, and so on the ride would feel less bumpy and be err 'safer' all round? Also those speed humps and pillows are to slow you down, not present a dukes of hazard like challenge for your motor

LOL, 30 or 50 is fine on a straight flat road but potholes I find pretty harsh. Don't forget though, this ***** car has brought on my painful sciatica again so if I drive over a 10p piece I can tell which way up it is ;)

Go test drive 'em, and try a 15 if at all possible.

Roads around here and are potholey as hell, I test drove on 16's and had no issue with comfort whatsoever, in fact the ride was smooth and lovely, it's the replies re the 17's which have helped me make my mind up

Btw my current car has 15's and can pick up bumps in the road, I think you're after a 'hover car' or something if you don't want to feel anything at all, I think you're expecting too much from your car tbh

Btw my current car has 15's and can pick up bumps in the road, I think you're after a 'hover car' or something if you don't want to feel anything at all, I think you're expecting too much from your car tbh

I hate to say it buy my orsa was a better/smoother ride.

I hate to say it buy my orsa was a better/smoother ride.

I've driven a new corsa (not the new new one though), not by choice might I add and I've got to say it's the worst car I've ever driven in my entire life! :blink: why anyone would spend their hard earned money on one is beyond me

So rather than complain what seems like every five minutes of how bad your fiesta is, on a dedicated ford forum no less, why don't you just sell it and buy another corsa?

I can't, it was a 98, apparently with suspension tuned by Lotus.

It didn't have the poke of the 125 Tit, it didn't have the handling of the Tit. No, I love the Tit, I'm just pointing to a few things that I'm not over the moon with. If you guys can't find anything at all wrong with yours that's great.

My previous car was a Peugeot 206. I now have a fiesta s1600 with 17s and compared to the pug it's like riding in a Bentley or something lol. It's still fairly sporty but not uncomfortable

Mine has 16", that plus the new, hard seat. Compared to the 15's it throws you around like a pebble in a tin

*grin*

My Sport Van's the same (except it really IS a tin, being a van an' all!!) 16" alloys, sports suspension, sports seats. Result: wear hard hat and knee pads...

:D

Sent from Ye Olde iPadde using Ford OC

• 1 year later...

Hi, I'm new to this forum, but I have just purchased a 2011 Titanium with the 16" alloys, and love it's looks, it felt fine in the test drive, was in a bit of traffic mind, but now I've had it for two days and it feels every bump, I can totally relate to "feels like a pebble in a can", I actually felt car sick! with the tossing around.  Help what can I do to improve this drive, I love the car, but I'm not sure how much of this I can take.  Does anyone have practical solutions to this ride? Would really appreciate some helpful information?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club