Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wheels Won't Fit My Fiesta For F'sake

razzledazzle

Hello,

i am a ford fiesta mk6 1.4 litre 2002 owner. it is my first car so naturally i need to get some nice alloys on as soon as possible.

however in not really knowing what i was doing i bought a set (unknown brand, refurbished wheels, good nick with an alright set of tires on them), only taking into consideration the wheels size (17") and pcd (4x108).

anyway, they arrived and i try putting them on...

the first problem i notice is the size of the centre bore for my rims is slightly bigger than that of the of the previous wheels.

i know this is easily fixed, i can just get a ring to make up the difference.

i then notice that the wheel studs are not long enough as the hub of the new wheels are too thick so the nuts wont reach onto them.

then i notice that my standard nuts wont even fit down the hole to get to the studs.

this isnt the case on the front wheels as they have calliper brakes not barrel like the rear. so i look up what i can do and it seems one way to get round it is to put a set of hubcentric wheel spacers so i have the longer wheel studs ( http://www.dvbcaraudio.co.uk/ford-fiesta-4x108-24mm-hubcentric-wheel-spacers-p-16122.html ) these say that they fit a ford fiesta mk6 of my year but say they have a central bore of 63.3 whereas on this website ( http://www.wheelfitment.eu/car/Ford/Fiesta%20(2002%20-%202008)/ ) it says the central bore is 63.4.

then my idea for if the centre bore was still too small (which it would be if the website is correct) for my wheels to put a ring round to make up the difference ( https://www.spigotrings.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=20_17_86 )

however i am wondering after buying all of this stuff whether they will actually fit or even if there is another way of getting round it because this is my first car and i dont have the money to be buying £100 wheel spacers if theyre not going to work. another thought i have had is installing rear disc brakes but have no idea really.

here is also a picture of one of the wheels i bought as well as a similar hub i am trying to fit them on.

post-62191-0-97163500-1421958276_thumb.j

post-62191-0-39273000-1421958300_thumb.j

post-62191-0-14801700-1421958302_thumb.j

What are the details of wheels.

ET how wide are they ect ect

Do your standard wheel nuts get any turns onto the studs at all?

With the OZ's I have the hubs are also thicker, the standard nuts would screw onto studs but not as many full turns as I would be happy with.

Part of reason for this was that with the Ford nuts the thread doesn't go right to the end of the nut. The wheels had been supplied originally to my mate along with aftermarket wheel nuts which were better for getting good number of turns onto the studs.

So trying a suitable set of aftermarket wheel nuts may help, as below

$(KGrHqVHJEoFDOLn43(IBQ0E6Z8z,!~~60_12.J

Or this style if there is space around the stud and a flat face where the nut goes up against the wheel

52301d1377538321-lug-nuts-mwygzms_oz-fx_

Easiest answer - sell the wheels and chalk it off to experience. Get some that do fit. Do your homework next time. By the time you've messed around with fitting this, that and the other, the car will end up handling like crap. Just my 2ps worth.

Sent from my Gen 1 WAP phone

• Like 1

Prob going to cost you more than the alloys are worth. best to sell/swap them, get set that will fit right on

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC