Do Not Sell My Personal Information

help needed

gaz 1098

hello

am having a bit of a problem with my mk6 fiesta ghia 1.4 16v

it started with the battery light coming on and then going off after 5 minutes. so i thought nothing of it, however it came back on followed by the abs and hand brake light. these flashed on and off then went back out. eventully the engine mangement light came on and just the battery light. since this the abs light and airbag light and hand brake light have all come on then go off after a little time. my speedo and rev counter also stopped working briefly and the dash lights have been going bright then dull and the fan has been speeding up then slowing down. i have taken the car to a garage were the error codes of the above were read out and that i problem with the alternator was to blame. they said it was pumping out between 14 and 17 volts and causing the car to surge.

so i have changed the alternator and the battery light is still on, and when driving home the dash lights went bright and dull again.

any ideas?

cheers gaz

Did you fit the alternator?, was it new or second hand?. If the garage fitted it take it back. I'm all for DIY but sometimes it costs to learn.

Did you fit the alternator?, was it new or second hand?. If the garage fitted it take it back. I'm all for DIY but sometimes it costs to learn.

garage fitted it and it was brand new. had the battery checked and thats ok. however when its running its now at a steady 15.5 volts where as before it was going from 14 to 17 volts. lights still go dim and bright, !Removed! thing is doing my head in, just waiting for it to break down.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club