Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pioneer upgrade kits

Ronnie Roberts

Just wondering if anyone has got the pioneer upgrade for the mk7 fiesta? ive ordered them for mine but as the car aint been built just wanted to know what there like

are they worth the money?

do they stop the bass cut off?

been quoted 2-3 hours to fit them but internal rates so wont be much :D

Just wondering if anyone has got the pioneer upgrade for the mk7 fiesta? ive ordered them for mine but as the car aint been built just wanted to know what there like

Didn't know you could upgrade--how much and where from?

there a ford accesory.... not sure on cost as i just ordered them... we get them at discounted rates as i work at for so get quite a bit of discount... i can get finis codes if you want? the front ones are diff to the rear and you need adapter kits aswell...

not overly impressed with standard so thought id stick some pioneers in :D

Nothing on Ford's website about it, nor anywhere else on my sources. However i don't find the 6 speaker set up too bad for the price of the car IMO. Anything above volume 12/13 is too loud for me

I contacted the fiesta brand team and got the latest prodcut info emailed this morning... 1st ive seen of it so if anybody wants them i can try and upload it on here... tells u model and finis codes for Speakers and subs..

im used to my mini sound system so 20 is more where i like my sound! but the fiesta dies at 12-13 coz the distinct lack of base!

If you could upload some info about it, then we would be very happy :)

its on my work pc so il do it tmw if i can!! its a pdf so mite have to make it as a downloadable or convert to a jpg!

The main points i'd like to know are the following (i'm guessing it will tell you this in the spec sheet when you go into work tomorrow?)

Speaker size

Speaker power

Sub size

And sub power

Oh and the price if you can get that :) Thanks in advance

front are 2 way 17cm 180 watts, rear are 3 way 17cm 180 watts

"edit"

Got the pdf but am unable to inset it into the forum... any ideas?

Ok managed to get a pdf to jpg converter so hope they work ok!

1297280255a11294479466l.jpg

1297280255a11294479498l.jpg

Image quality aint great but prints out ok, if anybody wants it emailed let me know and i can forward it on

swicthed hosting to bebo to try and get a larger image quality! facebook was un readable!

:ph34r:

Do you know when this upgrade will be available and ideas on cost?

I've been considering upgrading the Speakers for a while now and this looks like a good solution.

there available now but are stocked in cologne so need to be ordered on IVO, not sure on retail cost as i work in dealership! but you need speaker plus fitting kits... id say they will rrp around £200 but not 100% sure i can find out on monday tho

The 6 speaker sysytem on the Titaniums blasts the whole street out (and they certainly know I am coming !!!) when set on about a setting of 20 so not really sure if Titanium's have a different set up to other models of Mk7 Fiestas, I know they are the only one with rear Speakers as standard - The bass is the coolest bit too ................IMO

I have a powerful Sony amp at home for my 6.1 set-up so I like it loud (don't we all), so not sure why your all down on the standard speaker / stereo set-up in the Festa ??

To be honest, I found the Speakers in the Zetec that we hired, that lead to me ordering mine, good enough for what I need

I would be very, very surprised if this kit made any real difference. At the end of the day, the Speakers will only produce what they're fed. The most important part of the setup looks like it will stay exactly the same, so the problems that have been encountered with bass and volume limiting will remain.

I'll ring a few dealers and see if anyone has got the kit, then I'll pop down and have a listen. As an audiophile and muso, I like to have the best setup possible so if the kit is worth having then I'll get it, but I'm not holding my breath.

Ive heard it in a focus and it sounded 3/4x better than standard! alot sharper and clearer with better base response!

as for the titanium 6 speaker setup.... there below avg! im used to running decent stereos having marantz and cmabridge audio seperates at home i like clarity aswell as volume!

the pioneers should make a distinct difference in clarity even if they dont sort the lack of bass!

If the bass and volume limiting is controlled by the firmware of the headunit, would it not be possible to remove it once the pioneer Speakers are installed as I'm sure they could handle more than the factory fit Speakers.

im gonna have a word with service department see what they say! i think its maybe the Speakers cutting out to save them.... see what the pioneers lik when its fitted.. they should be alot nicer to listen to! and if they were no better i doubt they would bother selling them!

they take 3 hrs to fit... old ones need to be drilled out and new ones pop rifited back in....

Ive heard it in a focus and it sounded 3/4x better than standard! alot sharper and clearer with better base response!

as for the titanium 6 speaker setup.... there below avg! im used to running decent stereos having marantz and cmabridge audio seperates at home i like clarity aswell as volume!

the pioneers should make a distinct difference in clarity even if they dont sort the lack of bass!

Ronnie - you said GOOD quality separates :lol:

Ronnie - you said GOOD quality separates :lol:

Yeah i have gale mini monitors and mission floor standings. cambridge audio amp and marantz cd player... total setup was around £2k :D

Yeah i have gale mini monitors and mission floor standings. cambridge audio amp and marantz cd player... total setup was around £2k :D

MY "good quality" home stereo, is a Primare CD @ £750, a Musical Fidelity A3.2 dual-mono amp ( ie 2 power supplies inside ), delivering 180 Watts/channel on peaks ;-- price £880, and floor-standing Castle 7 series 2 Speakers, fully ported via a base port, 1 inch dome tweeters and 6.5 inch carbon fibre main drivers, retailed at £600, plus Audioquest Opal 3 interconnects at £200, and speaker cables from Audioquest (indigo + ) at £200. That makes £2630, in year 2003.

I couldn't afford the £1500 Primare CD unit, or the Valve "Nuvista" amp, or the Dynaudio floor-stander Speakers @£1800 ( the Nuvista amp was like gold-dust, only Ferrari owners would buy one ).

My experience of upgrading in-car Speakers, is that those 3-way units illustrated, make a vast difference, by taking the load of the mid, and top frequencies off the main cones, and the new cones are a superior grade of plastic, especially from Pioneer, and you can expect the long axis of the ellipse to replicate the bass frequencies, much better than a standard unit.

If I was installing these, I would bed them into "NO-NAILS" goo, as well as riveting, or using large self-tapping screws. You don't really want too much bass from the doors;-- the Sub unit should be firmly mounted under the passenger seat, and throw out the tray that lurks there. I once had a buzzing Sub there, and I was glad to change that car.

so whats the cost then supplied and fitted

My friend does but I don't know the details that much.