Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S 2014 Broken Steering Lock?

axcjon

Picked up a 2014 Zetec S last week, incredible car and I am very happy with it.

My old man moves the cars in the morning to get his off the drive. When I jumped into the car and tried to start it friday morning, the key wouldnt turn, so i wiggled the steering wheel very gently and viola, the key turned and the engine started.

Whilst driving that morning I noticed that the steering is not as direct as it used to be and it is slightly loose and off center to the left.

Does anybody know what this could be? I've read about broken ignition housings, steering wheel bolts and bent steering columns. It's only really a minor thing but it's driving me absolutely crazy! Somebody please help!

I'm taking it into a garage tomorrow to get looked at, i'm hoping taking the steering wheel off may reveal a cracked plastic coupling or something?

Cheers,

Jon.

Go to the dealer Manding use third party mechanics until the warranty is voided

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

And don't use third party mechanics -_- once again autocorrect.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Hey dude, thanks for the reply. Yes I will be taking it to the dealer, I need some help identifying the problem though as I fear they will fob me off and send me packing.

Sounds to me more like steering geometry is out.... Can't see the steering lock causing it to be off centre.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app