21 replies to this topic

#1 MichellefromEssex

MichellefromEssex

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Ford Model: Zetec S Mountune
Posted 25 July 2009 - 11:42 AM

Really starting to wish id never paid out for the mountune upgrade now, have had so many problems with the power loss and now today we notice the yellow on the rims is coming off!!!!!!! and what isnt starting to come off is going all mottley, now Max is very particular with how he cleans our car esp the wheels so there is no way Mountune can put the blame on us, we have never used a car wash or the foreign hand car wash places, will contact them on Monday to see what they have to say, but again its more !Removed! hassle - 2,244 worth of hassle.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Ronnie Roberts

Ronnie Roberts

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Titanium 3Dr Hot Magenta
Posted 25 July 2009 - 11:47 AM

seems to be alot of bad reports about mountune at the moment! doesnt really give you much convidence! admittadly the car is new so you will expect teathing problems but that just sounds like an all round poor finish!

hope you get it sorted

#3 DanGull

DanGull

Area Rep: Midlands (Despite owning a Seat)

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts
  • Ford Model: Formerly a Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TiVCT now a Seat Leon FR+ 2.0TDI 170
  • Year: 2014

Posted 25 July 2009 - 12:51 PM

Not good at all Michelle - go and give them hell. I'm not surprised you're cheesed off to be honest.

#4 paulworthing

paulworthing

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts
  • Ford Model: Titanium S

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:38 PM

Making me even less and less likely to get this upgrde and wait for one of the aftermarket chippers to get something on the market for mine then

#5 Michael P

Michael P

Traitor to Ford

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts
  • Name: Michael
  • Ford Model: Vauxhall Corsa
  • Year: 2011

Posted 25 July 2009 - 04:45 PM

boo hiss mountune, hope you get it sorted soon.

now, do we wonder why that one was on autotrader so cheap?!

#6 paulworthing

paulworthing

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 04:55 PM

boo hiss mountune, hope you get it sorted soon.

now, do we wonder why that one was on autotrader so cheap?!

Does make you wonder as most people, if they got the ultimate Fiesta, would want to hang on to it a little longer than just over 4 months

#7 xxtrickzxx

xxtrickzxx

Fetish for fords

• PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Name: trev
  • Ford Model: focus st3 wagon
  • Year: 2013

Posted 25 July 2009 - 05:10 PM

Making me even less and less likely to get this upgrde and wait for one of the aftermarket chippers to get something on the market for mine then

glad i cancelled my upgrade,still crap waiting for superchips to pull their fingers out there !Removed! though!! :(

#8 Ronnie Roberts

Ronnie Roberts

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Titanium 3Dr Hot Magenta
Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:05 PM

glad i cancelled my upgrade,still crap waiting for superchips to pull their fingers out there !Removed! though!! :(

yeah im waitin on bluefin.... aka superchips! they were meant to have sorted one by now but still no sign!!!

#9 poohbear

poohbear

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta 1.25 Zetec
Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:38 PM

So Sorry to hear that Michelle. From what you've said though Mountune are pretty helpful aren't they? Hopefully they will get it sorted for you asap as I wouldnt be too happy if i'd spent that amount of money and it was 100% perfect. Has the power loss all been sorted now?

#10 Nipz

Nipz

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec MK7
Posted 26 July 2009 - 09:00 AM

Really sorry to hear that!! Really sucks when you got something you really wanted and turns out to be rubbish :(

Give them hell!!

#11 hedgepig

hedgepig

Too much time on the boards

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0 125 Titanium X

Posted 26 July 2009 - 06:22 PM

Really starting to wish id never paid out for the mountune upgrade now, have had so many problems with the power loss and now today we notice the yellow on the rims is coming off!!!!!!! and what isnt starting to come off is going all mottley, now Max is very particular with how he cleans our car esp the wheels so there is no way Mountune can put the blame on us, we have never used a car wash or the foreign hand car wash places, will contact them on Monday to see what they have to say, but again its more !Removed! hassle - 2,244 worth of hassle.

I'm so sorry to hear this Michelle.

You don't seem to have had much luck at all with this especially when you consider how much money it's cost.

Maybe the wheels are a faulty batch but whatever the problem Mountune should be bending over backwards for you.

Surely they ought to have found out what's wrong with the power loss by now so let us know how you get on won't you?

Try not to lose your rag straight away although I wouldn't blame you if you did........... ;)

#12 paulworthing

paulworthing

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 07:08 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this Michelle.

You don't seem to have had much luck at all with this especially when you consider how much money it's cost.

Maybe the wheels are a faulty batch but whatever the problem Mountune should be bending over backwards for you.

Yeah especially if they know you are keeping us all updated on whats been going on/wrong with your car as no one in the right mind would get the conversion until they can sort yours out

#13 xxtrickzxx

xxtrickzxx

Fetish for fords

• PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:25 AM

Yeah especially if they know you are keeping us all updated on whats been going on/wrong with your car as no one in the right mind would get the conversion until they can sort yours out

they have posted on their website now that there is an update to cure the powerloss problem

#14 paulworthing

paulworthing

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:11 AM

they have posted on their website now that there is an update to cure the powerloss problem

Still not convinced as it is not a cheap conversion and the problems that Michelle has had - now it seems both cosmetic and engineering. I did have a Blufin remap on my MINI Convertible and never had any problems and while that might not give me the same power increase as the Mountune one it'll still make mine more powerful than 99% of the Fiestas around which is good enough for me.

#15 xxtrickzxx

xxtrickzxx

Fetish for fords

• PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:32 PM

Still not convinced as it is not a cheap conversion and the problems that Michelle has had - now it seems both cosmetic and engineering. I did have a Blufin remap on my MINI Convertible and never had any problems and while that might not give me the same power increase as the Mountune one it'll still make mine more powerful than 99% of the Fiestas around which is good enough for me.

i agree ive had 3 bluefin re-maps the last one i had on my car for 3 years and not a single problem with it,that may be why there taking a while to bring it out,they have proberly seen a potential problem and working round it,if you look at the map they do for the focus 1.6 ti-vct engine it states a 12bhp increase over the original,but its actaully 14bhp over the original max bhp because of the extra revs it has, just how mountune has compared to the original,so if its the same for our engine its not too far away and alot cheaper!!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users