Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mountune wheel rant

MichellefromEssex

Really starting to wish id never paid out for the mountune upgrade now, have had so many problems with the power loss and now today we notice the yellow on the rims is coming off!!!!!!! and what isnt starting to come off is going all mottley, now Max is very particular with how he cleans our car esp the wheels so there is no way Mountune can put the blame on us, we have never used a car wash or the foreign hand car wash places, will contact them on Monday to see what they have to say, but again its more !Removed! hassle - £2,244 worth of hassle.

seems to be alot of bad reports about mountune at the moment! doesnt really give you much convidence! admittadly the car is new so you will expect teathing problems but that just sounds like an all round poor finish!

hope you get it sorted

Not good at all Michelle - go and give them hell. I'm not surprised you're cheesed off to be honest.

Making me even less and less likely to get this upgrde and wait for one of the aftermarket chippers to get something on the market for mine then

boo hiss mountune, hope you get it sorted soon.

now, do we wonder why that one was on autotrader so cheap?!

boo hiss mountune, hope you get it sorted soon.

now, do we wonder why that one was on autotrader so cheap?!

Does make you wonder as most people, if they got the ultimate Fiesta, would want to hang on to it a little longer than just over 4 months

Making me even less and less likely to get this upgrde and wait for one of the aftermarket chippers to get something on the market for mine then

glad i cancelled my upgrade,still crap waiting for superchips to pull their fingers out there !Removed! though!! :(

glad i cancelled my upgrade,still crap waiting for superchips to pull their fingers out there !Removed! though!! :(

yeah im waitin on bluefin.... aka superchips! they were meant to have sorted one by now but still no sign!!!

So Sorry to hear that Michelle. From what you've said though Mountune are pretty helpful aren't they? Hopefully they will get it sorted for you asap as I wouldnt be too happy if i'd spent that amount of money and it was 100% perfect. Has the power loss all been sorted now?

Really sorry to hear that!! Really sucks when you got something you really wanted and turns out to be rubbish :(

Give them hell!!

Really starting to wish id never paid out for the mountune upgrade now, have had so many problems with the power loss and now today we notice the yellow on the rims is coming off!!!!!!! and what isnt starting to come off is going all mottley, now Max is very particular with how he cleans our car esp the wheels so there is no way Mountune can put the blame on us, we have never used a car wash or the foreign hand car wash places, will contact them on Monday to see what they have to say, but again its more !Removed! hassle - £2,244 worth of hassle.

I'm so sorry to hear this Michelle.

You don't seem to have had much luck at all with this especially when you consider how much money it's cost.

Maybe the wheels are a faulty batch but whatever the problem Mountune should be bending over backwards for you.

Surely they ought to have found out what's wrong with the power loss by now so let us know how you get on won't you?

Try not to lose your rag straight away although I wouldn't blame you if you did........... ;)

I'm so sorry to hear this Michelle.

You don't seem to have had much luck at all with this especially when you consider how much money it's cost.

Maybe the wheels are a faulty batch but whatever the problem Mountune should be bending over backwards for you.

Yeah especially if they know you are keeping us all updated on whats been going on/wrong with your car as no one in the right mind would get the conversion until they can sort yours out

Yeah especially if they know you are keeping us all updated on whats been going on/wrong with your car as no one in the right mind would get the conversion until they can sort yours out

they have posted on their website now that there is an update to cure the powerloss problem

they have posted on their website now that there is an update to cure the powerloss problem

Still not convinced as it is not a cheap conversion and the problems that Michelle has had - now it seems both cosmetic and engineering. I did have a Blufin remap on my MINI Convertible and never had any problems and while that might not give me the same power increase as the Mountune one it'll still make mine more powerful than 99% of the Fiestas around which is good enough for me.

Still not convinced as it is not a cheap conversion and the problems that Michelle has had - now it seems both cosmetic and engineering. I did have a Blufin remap on my MINI Convertible and never had any problems and while that might not give me the same power increase as the Mountune one it'll still make mine more powerful than 99% of the Fiestas around which is good enough for me.

i agree ive had 3 bluefin re-maps the last one i had on my car for 3 years and not a single problem with it,that may be why there taking a while to bring it out,they have proberly seen a potential problem and working round it,if you look at the map they do for the focus 1.6 ti-vct engine it states a 12bhp increase over the original,but its actaully 14bhp over the original max bhp because of the extra revs it has, just how mountune has compared to the original,so if its the same for our engine its not too far away and alot cheaper!!

Sent email today, got one back saying that they will be contacting their manufacturer! nothing about going in for the upgrade for the power loss, so busy atm what with it being school hols and work having a new computer system gone live this week (training last week) im not in the mood for chasing them, however I am giving them till the end of the school hols to have contacted me then I think its time to start kicking up a fuss and well taking things higher/further. Im fed up with it all I really am.

Sent email today, got one back saying that they will be contacting their manufacturer! nothing about going in for the upgrade for the power loss, so busy atm what with it being school hols and work having a new computer system gone live this week (training last week) im not in the mood for chasing them, however I am giving them till the end of the school hols to have contacted me then I think its time to start kicking up a fuss and well taking things higher/further. Im fed up with it all I really am.

:angry: the amount of trouble you have had they should first sort you car out then give you your money back!!hope you get it sorted soon chuck

:angry: the amount of trouble you have had they should first sort you car out then give you your money back!!hope you get it sorted soon chuck

Too right - cannot believe that had not fully worked through all of these problems on their test car before putting the kit out into the market place.

One thing is for sure, no one visiting this site is going to be buying their conversion until we know that yuo are happy with your car. I just hate the fact that all this stress must be spoiling your enjoyment of a great little car

Thats right Paul, no ones going to upgrading off here! All the more time for them to fix your car then Michelle!

Thats right Paul, no ones going to upgrading off here! All the more time for them to fix your car then Michelle!

Ditto^^

The amount you have spent. The time you have taken off to go and sort it out... They should be bending over themselves backwards to fix it it. I think rather than advertising the Mountune stripes etc on your car, you should put up a little notice in the window saying "do not get the Mountune upgrade, it sucks"

Ditto^^

The amount you have spent. The time you have taken off to go and sort it out... They should be bending over themselves backwards to fix it it. I think rather than advertising the Mountune stripes etc on your car, you should put up a little notice in the window saying "do not get the Mountune upgrade, it sucks"

or Moutune should add to their badges with "Coming Soon"

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club