Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk 2.5 Bumper Skirt Help!

jwc28

Hey guys I've been thinking on putting a zetec s front skirt/ lip on my existing bumper. I have the standardttrapezoidal grille and I believe u can do this retro fit.

I looked at the proper ford instructions on how to attach it and they are a bit sketchy with words. Its all diagrams!

Anyway I was wondering A. If it would look silly just putting the front one on a standard car without side skirts or rear diffuser and B. If anyone has better step by step guide. Looks to attach with expending plastic rawl plug things and adhesive.

Thanks!! Jamie

• Like 1

lenny has guide

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/32648-focus-zetec-s-front-skirt-lip-fitting-guide-pdf/

I think its possibly just the same as what you have but that's a good place to start.

where did you get the skirt lip from? was looking at that myself but parts were crazy prices and that's unpainted, I think it would look ok, there is a big wheel between that and the side skirts so to anyone not in the know it would probably look pretty cool and not out of place.

Hi Darren, thanks for replying to my post. Yes they aren't cheap. The only reason I want one is to hide a couple of scuffs slightly underneath front bumper. Can't really see them but annoys me. I usually go to ford parts UK website and speak to Trevor. He can source every genuine part. OK its not eBay cheap but at least u know its genuine parts. And let's face it genuine parts are usually better. I think its 187 quid unpainted. (Primed)

Seems quite a lot but I'm in a position where I still stay with my folks so my outgoings are minimal. So I'm quite happy to pay that kinda money but no idea how much the local paint guy would charge to spray paint it.

Darren, I don't know if u know about this but I was reading g a thread last night about foot-well lighting if Ur interested. Usually only reserved for titanium spec but with a lot of the focuses if u look into the pass and driver well there are light fittings from the factory. All u need to do is put a couple number plate bulbs in . Ur car may or may not have the fittings but mine does. Result. Cheap mod

• Like 1

way ahead of you :) looks amazing when ive hovered it out lol, got two of the reds in the boot and one in the glove box

WP_20140828_006-1.jpg

WP_20140828_007.jpg

cant justify that, I might keep my eyes on a breakers yard though, bound to be a zetec s or two around

• 2 weeks later...

Nice lights! I put boring white ones in. Yeah there will be a couple of skirts in a yard somewhere. Only thing is I think part of the installation is adhesive. .... :s

Jamie i had just the frint skirt on my Focus and it didnt look out of place at all.

• Like 1

I found this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-MK2-ZETEC-S-LOOK-FRONT-VALANCE-FRONT-SKIRT-/201277428589?

but there is something about it that just isn't right, the OEM ones seem to blend in better to the body work where as that seem thicker perhaps on the edges?

I found this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-MK2-ZETEC-S-LOOK-FRONT-VALANCE-FRONT-SKIRT-/201277428589?

but there is something about it that just isn't right, the OEM ones seem to blend in better to the body work where as that seem thicker perhaps on the edges?

a few people had tried their parts and found the fitting to be really poor. some had to pay the bodyshops to fix the poorly made skirts - fibreglass stuff.

• Like 1

a few people had tried their parts and found the fitting to be really poor. some had to pay the bodyshops to fix the poorly made skirts - fibreglass stuff.

that's good to know, I was looking at their ST spoiler earlier as well, may have dodged a bullet, cheers!

Interesting....I actually thought the eBay non genuine looked fine! In fact, struggled to tell the difference. Yeah thanks for that Sam I also think it would look just fine on its own on reflection

• Like 1

Interesting....I actually thought the eBay non genuine looked fine! In fact, struggled to tell the difference. Yeah thanks for that Sam I also think it would look just fine on its own on reflection

you must be one of the lucky ones then...unless they have improved the quality of their products.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club