Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Lovely :( Focus Won't Start....

FocusMP3

Erm.............................................yeah I think I will just take it to the garage and plug her in lol

Can't figure out how to upload a pic of the Renault Cleo shaped indent in my wheel arch :P

Right we had a protest again this morning, luckily I had some jump leads on me so disaster averted, roll on this afternoon when I get get her to the garage.

Only had the car since Oct, bought for £700 and spent nearly £900 on it since tut, still needs a new power steering pump and air conditioning unit lol yeah that can wait a while :)

I'll be interested to know the outcome Lynsey.

Good luck at the garage.

Hi Mark the battery is knackered apparently tut so that will be going straight back to our local BMS tomorrow, guess it's just down to bad luck, at least now I know.

Thanks for all your suggestions and input :D

At least the battery should be under warranty.

Glad you got the problem identified.

• Like 1

What make of battery was it you had fitted in October?

Glad its nothing too serious or expensive to fix for you, as mark says it will still be under warranty so just go get it swapped.

Hi Ade I will have a look in the morning at what it is.

I'm really quite smitten with this car and willing to spend possibly more than it's worth money wise on it to get it looking great, you will say I am foolish because to be honest, the interior is shocking, all the trim looks like it has been taken to pieces and put back together like a badly done jigsaw.

I was desperate for a car when I had to scrap my Astra and guys at the garage we go to recommended this car and the guy that was selling it, I just wanted a cheap run around for a few months till I could get to summer (I have horses and they are expensive during the winter) so I could get to a ford dealership and get me something decent that will last, but I really like this, even tough it has cost me a small fortune so far, I'm a girl, we get sentimental lol :D

The battery is a drive tech one if that means anything, BMS have honoured the replacement even though we couldn't find any paperwork so that's good.

Problem we now have is, we can't get the faulty battery off the car, the bolt holding the strap in place is knackered, going to have to cut the strap, so rummaging around in our local breakers yard for another strap before we nip to our garage yo get it all fitted and sorted, why the hell does something so simple need to turn into a full day job nightmare grrrrrrr

Found a replacement battery tray and strap and only a fiver, nice one, now to be fitted so we can put the new battery on, then take the faulty battery back for a refund.

Right.........strap cut, faulty batter off, battery tray and strap off, new (ish) battery tray and strap on, new battery on, faulty battery taken back for refund, phew that was a mission lol

My car however, after the new battery had been put on yesterday, did cut out 4 or 5 times while I was driving, I remembered it doing this back in Oct when the first new battery was put on, played up for the first journey I made and settled after that, now it's done it again with this battery, how weird is that?????

Just a coincidence or an unrelated fault ?

I have no idea, been out and about in it this morning and all seems to have settled :)

When the battery is disconnected the ECU resets and loses all its peramiters for the various sensors etc, so its just cutting out as its re-learning all its what-nots to put it technically lol.

• Like 1

Keep us updated on the cutting out issue - hopefully it'll all go quiet . . . ! :)

Right guys I think we are ok, she seems to have settled down, only cut out on that first journey on Saturday, been sweet as since, well as sweet as a 12 year old car can be with it's rock hard suspension and low profile tyres, ouch, don't rush over them speed bumps lol :)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club