Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scuff Plate Replacement.

philr62

So I have the half illuminated scuff plate problem .I rang the dealer to sort out a replacement for it and they said they can't go ahead with it until the cars had a full diagnostic on the electrical system.

Is this right? All seems a bit ott for a scuff plate which is a common problem, has anybody else had to do this to get one replaced?

From what I have read people have just had the things done and gone on their merry way.

They won't need to do a diagnostic but they will want to see the car first before ordering, they'll probably deny its a common fault.

Did you call dinnages? Do you know who you spoke to? Micheal on service will probably have heard about it before.

No Mark I spoke to Gary,he knows about it but said they want the car for a few hours to do some checks before they can order one for me.

There's not much to check really, open door check, part of sill doesn't work check. It's just doing it by the book for warranty.

It looks that way,I'll give them another ring tomorrow to see what's what and get it booked in as I think it's about 10bhp down with this scuff plate only half working lol.

I went into Evans Halshaw to get mine changed took ages the car was up and down on the ramp laptop connected lights on and off I thought good grief what's wrong with it....but its all to do with the warranty process... :huh: