Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre Monitor (Tpms)

10dawson

Hi guys,

I have recently changed my Ford Fiesta standard steel wheels to alloy wheels (14inch to 15inch)

Since I have put the new wheels on every couple of hours the error message 'Tyre Monitor service Required - Tyre Monitor Malfunction' please see photos attached.

Having taken the car to Ford they are telling me there is no way to get rid of this - does anybody agree or is this just Ford being lazy and not wanting to help?

Look forward to hearing every bodies thoughts.

post-56240-142255677801_thumb.jpgpost-56240-142255678945_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

How would I do that? Is that in the valves?

The tyre fitter should have done it. Where did you get the new wheels and tyres from?

I got them from eBay but they are authentic ford wheels. I got my local garage to do it - maybe they was unaware of the sensor valves? Is there any way to tell which ones the sensor valve?

Maybe they did swap the sensors over, & the tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS) needs resetting.

I've reset the TPMS via the settings menu in the car every day & it still comes back.. Fingers crossed that the valves just need changing, I'll let you guys know how it goes....

I don't think it's as simple as just resetting the warning light.

it looks like you might have to go through a procedure to 'train' the system to recognise the sensors.

The link below should give you a better idea of what I mean.

http://fiestast.net/threads/fiesta-st-tpms-reset-relearn-procedures.490/

If they had swapped the sensors from the OE wheels to the new wheels the car would recognise them, I know someone who changed his wheels a couple of days after picking his car up, the sensors were swapped at the same time and he hasn't had any issues.

If you fit a set of wheels with new sensors ten yes, they would need programming.

So my winter wheels are buggered then ;) no sensors in then. Just have to ignore all the beeping then.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club