Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange Noise

Chappo86

Just wondering if anyone can help me out with a problem iv got?

Iv got a 2012, 2.0 140BHP business edition.

When turning right into a corner or going around a island, there is a sound that I can only explain as twisting metal, coming from the centre of the car?

This has been happening for the last couple of days, I'm not using the car now as iv got a new born baby and do not want to risk anything going wrong when driving.

This seems to get worse when on a long journey.

Any idea's would be helpful.

Cheers.

given the car is 2012 get it to a dealer. either the car is still in warranty and will be fixed, or, if its just out, they may offer a good will reduced cost, or free repair depending on how far out of warranty it is.

Either way, make it the dealers problem.

The car has been at the dealers since this morning, so I'm just waiting to see what they come back with?

Thanks for replying James.

No worries look forward to a resolution for you

My car has come back from the dealers, and they have said that they could not find any faults on the car?

The noise has now stopped, I brought the car from them only 2 months ago, i just find it strange that the car goes in with a fault which has now stopped and they say they can't find anything??

That's fine. Put in writing that the issue was raised to them within the warranty period and as the issue appears intermittent, then the issue will be brought back to their attention during or after the warranty.

That's not a bad idea, I will write a letter as soon as I can.

Thanks for the advise.

No worries. I had one dealer try to take the mick saying the warranty had expired. Until I proved to him the first email O sent on the matter was about 2 months in and that because he could t find the issue or its repeated attempts to fix it didn't work that its not my fault. In the end I pushed him and he eventually sorted it for me.

If you report during warranty and it can't be found if the error is present again after that period then the issue is word vs word. At least if you have a recorded delivery letter or signed receipt, you can state the dealer was aware of the issue in warranty and that because it came back after warranty (or couldn't be identified and fixed until then ) the issue should still be covered by the original warranty terms. Just because you send a blind man to look for a problem, doesn't mean the problem isn't there, it just means he can't see it lpl

Just because you send a blind man to look for a problem...

I'm only quoting you because I thought that was a brilliant analogy, and it cheered my (cold, grey) day up no end.

Anyway, in as much as it is relevant, one thing that I'd check or have checked are the heat shields on/near the exhaust. If one of these comes loose it can make a peculiar creaking noise when it rubs against the exhaust or the bodywork. Mostly, it is a question of jiggling them back on to the original fixings, but sometimes that doesn't work or comes off again as soon as you drive it. Assuming that the car is up in the air, it is then 5 - 10 minutes work to make a new fixing, so it isn't the worst problem that you can ever have, but it is quite annoying.

Glad to have been of some use :-D

• 1 month later...

I had a similar noise from mine, turned out to be the top strut bearing, just needed re positioning and lubricating.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club