Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting Rear Pads To Focus Facelift 08 2.0 Tdci Help Pls

mercman02

MOT time again and ive noticed my rear pads could do with changing, ive never done the rears so do they have a thread like the front & if so, what way do i turn them & do i have to take the handbrake cable off?.

I think i will just get away with changing the pads, i was looking at eicher pads from ECP then next time put Apec disc's & pads on like ive done on the front.

thanks for advice give.

I should imagine they are wind back you will know as soon as you take the pad out the groove/ holes will be there for the tool as to which way I don't know I usually just turn a few one way to see which direction it's going don't think you take the handbrake cable out let the handbrake of yes .

righty tighty, lefty loosey

cept you need to think backwards with brakes, your tightening them back in to the caliper so righty tighty it is.

at least that's the way it is on mine

Yep, wind the piston back, no need to remove cable, fit new pads, refit. Make sure you pump brake pedal to push piston out to touch pads before putting handbrake on, this sets the self adjuster in caliper correctly.

Thanks for the replies, hopefully weather permitting sunday will be the day. What about the eicher pads from Euro car parts, then when i need new pads & disc's i will get some Apec.

its recommended to replace pads and discs together, something to do with the groves on the disc and pad "mating" replacing just the disc means some of the pad now doesn't make contact with the disc. doubt it makes a massive difference but still, its what ive heard change the disc, change the pads

its recommended to replace pads and discs together, something to do with the groves on the disc and pad "mating" replacing just the disc means some of the pad now doesn't make contact with the disc. doubt it makes a massive difference but still, its what ive heard change the disc, change the pads

depends on how bad the discs are, and how thick also, if not too bad then a run up the road will soon bed the pads to the contours of the disc ok.

My disc's a grooved at the top but don't look to bad. Still might change them coz its just as easy while ive got the caliper off.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club