Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Satnav No Satellites ??

grandads_shed

ok i have a built in SatNav in my mondeo, its a 2010 model. but most of the times it will not pick up any Satellites..

i was wonering if i might have a setting wrong on the menu . some times it has picked up 4 or 5 Satellites but most of the time it will not see any ,, even after driving all day.

any help or advice welcome on this matter ..

steve

Has it allways been like this? Have you had the unit out at any point? Could be a loose connection or a dodgy antenna

never have removed the unit.

i have only had the car a couple of months,seemed ok the first 3 or 4 times i used it, but then it was showing me as being miles away from where i was, and would show me as going off road instead as being on any road ,, in the end i pressed the info button and thats when i found out that it was not picking up any satelites ,

when it do pick some up it works fine all day.

how do i remove the unit to see if the ariel is connecting properly to the back of the unit ?? and where is the ariel for it ..??

Sorry, forgot to reply, aerial base is the same base that fm aerial uses, get to the connector from behind interior light / sunglass holder etc. I would check there first before removing radio. Known issues with water ingress.

• Like 1

thanks for that ""Feet Under The Table" i will have a look asap ..

well i tryed to have a look but i can not see how to remove the light unit or the glasses holder ,,

i dont want to try and prise them out unless i break something ,,

so do any one know the method of removing these please ??

looking up at interior light,insert flat blade screwdriver in edge furthest away from buttons and middle, and light will come away, showing screws holding sunglass holder in place.

its hard to describe .lol

• Like 1

• 7 years later...

I have a 2014 old model Mondeo . No satellites showing. After weeks of trying myself to reset etc, I conceded and took the car to my local Ford dealer. And as suspected it's the GPS aerial at fault. New one cost £67 plus fitting, total price £130. Far cheaper than I thought and ceratinly cheaper than purchasing current Tom Tom model. Very pleased with the service given and the price. Works perfectly

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club