Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 Ford Focus Information Display Buttons Not Working

Over88MPH

As the title says... The buttons to control the information display don't work with it (left side of steering wheel - up, down, left, right, ok). They are working with the audio system though.

Are you saying the left hand buttons on the steering wheel don't control anything, or only control the audio display?

• Like 1

The buttons are working, as they can control the audio menu. They are not working with the car settings menu though, so i cant access any settings, or change the trip computer etc.

You need to use the other menu pad for the instrument cluster.

So the ones on the right hand side of the steering wheel.

hi,, as mentioned,, left for the audio system screen on the left, right for trip comp and settings screen on the right/middle

The right side of the steering wheel has the phone symbols on, up/down volume, and a SYNC button. The left side has the arrows and the OK buttons.

2014-ford-focus-st-steering-wheel-photo-

Steering Wheel

AUDIO CONTROL

Select the required source on the audio unit.

You can operate the following functions with the control:

Type 1

E159789_EUR.JPG

Aempty.gifVolume up
Bempty.gifSeek up, next or end call
Cempty.gifVolume down
Dempty.gifSeek down, previous or accept call

-------------------------

Right-hand drive

E164755_EUR.JPG

Aempty.gifAir vents. See Air Vents.

Bempty.gifDirection indicators. See Direction Indicators.
Main beam. See Lighting Control.

Cempty.gifInformation display control. See General Information.

Dempty.gifInstrument cluster. See Gauges.
empty.gifSee Warning Lamps and Indicators.

Eempty.gifAudio control. See Audio Control.
Voice control. See Voice Control.
Telephone control. See Telephone controls.

Sounds like something is wrong, when Ford ditched the right menu for the audio controls, they stopped the left controls operating the audio display and had them operate the trip computer instead.

I'd get it back to Ford.

So possible a software problem? Or could the wires be connected up incorrectly? I'm not sure how to get to the steering wheel wiring connectors.

It looks like I will have to remove the airbag and controls to make sure that it is wired up properly.

have you tried disconnecting battery for a few minutes, and recheck, be suprised what a battery disconnect resets.

check out the guides section as someone has retro fitted crusie control and shows how to remove drivers airbag to access switch connectors

Ive had the battery disconnected for an hour, but the right side controls arent working. Ive tried following online instructions to remove the airbag and controls, but cannot get them off the steering wheel. Has anyone removed the steering wheel airbag?

Yep, it csn be a bit fiddly, try as large a flat blade screwdriver that will go down the hole, and turn screwdriver, you will feel it unclip, trick then is to hold that side of air bag when turning steering wheel to do other side so first clip doesnt go back in.

The online instructions say to put the screwdriver in the small round hole, but a video online shows the screwdriver being put into the larger almost rectangular holes. Which one is correct?

• 2 weeks later...

I've removed the airbag, and the controls are wired up/connected correctly. I don't see why they aren't working. Looks like I will have to take it into a Ford dealer.

• 2 years later...

having same problems did this get resolved ? if so how ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club