17 replies to this topic

#1 paulworthing

paulworthing

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts
  • Ford Model: Titanium S

Posted 27 July 2009 - 01:13 PM

We all know that the !Removed! are good and building cars that don't fall apart but hows this - in at Number 5 the new Ford Fiesta with a mark of 96.2%. Only beaten by the i20, Sirion, new Jazz and Accord - none of which would have interested me in the slightest

http://cars.uk.msn.c...entid=148735398

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 poohbear

poohbear

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta 1.25 Zetec
Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:19 PM

Wahoo...go Fiesta! Again the price has been picked up on though...lower your prices ford"

#3 Nightowl

Nightowl

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Ford Model: Titanium 3-door + full bodykit Squeeze

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:34 PM

That's because the Fiesta is built at the 'Love Factory' in Cologne. You can't really fault German engineering.

Posted Image

#4 paulworthing

paulworthing

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:38 PM

Wahoo...go Fiesta! Again the price has been picked up on though...lower your prices ford"

To be honest, it always amazeses me when car companies put out a RRP price list and then you can get thousands off of them in any showroom in discounts. Why don't they just give you a price and thats it - take it or leave it?

That's because the Fiesta is built at the 'Love Factory' in Cologne. You can't really fault German engineering.

Posted Image

I am loving the idea that my new car will be built in the Love Factory (even if it ends up being built in Valencia). I am hoping that it will be born within the new couple of weeks too - how exciting!!!

#5 Nightowl

Nightowl

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:42 PM

I am loving the idea that my new car will be built in the Love Factory (even if it ends up being built in Valencia). I am hoping that it will be born within the new couple of weeks too - how exciting!!!

Paul - just for you! ;)

#6 paulworthing

paulworthing

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:52 PM

Paul - just for you! ;)

Thanks for that - now I can see the lovely people who will be making my car I have no more worries about it! . . . :P

#7 poohbear

poohbear

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:52 PM

SO....THIS is why we are waiting so long for our cars....they're fannying around making videos!!!!! :D

#8 chrbuff

chrbuff

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Ford Model: Ka ('99), Fiesta ('09)

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:30 PM

Still can't understand how the Fiesta with all its good reviews is beaten by the Hyundai i20 and the Sirion! :unsure:

#9 DanGull

DanGull

Area Rep: Midlands (Despite owning a Seat)

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts
  • Ford Model: Formerly a Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TiVCT now a Seat Leon FR+ 2.0TDI 170
  • Year: 2014

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:32 PM

Still can't understand how the Fiesta with all its good reviews is beaten by the Hyundai i20 and the Sirion! :unsure:

It's a Which? poll - I never understand how the hell they come to most of their conclusions!!

#10 Bashful

Bashful

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1l 125ps ecoboost
  • Year: 2013
Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:24 PM

Thanks for that - now I can see the lovely people who will be making my car I have no more worries about it! . . . :P

And not a towel on a sunbed in sight ;)

#11 10corsham

10corsham

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:53 PM

Posted Image

Hi Nightowl

I am pleased to hear that the new Fiesta is being built in Germany. I understood that the car was built here, there and everywhere. Most likely everywhere.

I asked my salesman on two occasions recently “where is the car built?”. He didn’t seem to know. Still waiting for delivery

#12 DanGull

DanGull

Area Rep: Midlands (Despite owning a Seat)

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts
  • Ford Model: Formerly a Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TiVCT now a Seat Leon FR+ 2.0TDI 170
  • Year: 2014

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:56 PM

Corsham - they're built in both Cologne, Germany and Valencia, Spain.

Folks have tried to work out which version is built where etc, but there doesn't seem to be too much pattern in it. Your salesman didn't know? Deary me, but not surprising.

#13 poohbear

poohbear

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:59 PM

Mine was Valencia. More commonly built in Cologne I think :)

#14 Flic

Flic

Area Rep: Southeast 2 (Chrome Hater)

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Ford Model: 09 Fiesta Zetec-S
Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:57 PM

OMG is that what the Cologne factory looks like?! I LOVE IT! That's where my Fabio was born :D

#15 Nightowl

Nightowl

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:16 PM

OMG is that what the Cologne factory looks like?! I LOVE IT! That's where my Fabio was born :D

Indeed it is.

The Ford plant in Cologne was wrapped in over 3000 meters worth of specially designed mesh to celebrate the start of production of the all-new Fiesta. The design for the wrap was actually created in the UK by a team of designers using the only press in the country capable of producing it.

Not to be outdone by the engineers and designers the factory workers did their bit to fit in with the new look plant by revamping their staff uniforms from the dull grey they usually wear to bright pink trousers and hard hats!

The newly transformed factory certainly stands out from the surrounding area, so much so that local pilots have taken to pointing it out to their passengers as they fly over it!

The building took a total of eight days to transform from a grey industrial block into the striking colourful piece residents and workers are now greeted with. A dedicated team of six specially trained engineers worked round the clock over the course of the eight days to finish this ambitious project.

The enormous banner used to transform the building weighs in at a massive 1.5 tonnes with an extra 25 tonnes of water ballast required to fix it in place. The team had to endure thunder storms and sever downpours during the eight day build but are thrilled with the end result – celebrating with a massive factory party when the last section was finished.

Posted Image

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users