Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Most Reliable New Cars

paulworthing

We all know that the !Removed! are good and building cars that don't fall apart but hows this - in at Number 5 the new Ford Fiesta with a mark of 96.2%. Only beaten by the i20, Sirion, new Jazz and Accord - none of which would have interested me in the slightest

http://cars.uk.msn.com/News/car_news_artic...entid=148735398

Wahoo...go Fiesta! Again the price has been picked up on though...lower your prices ford"

That's because the Fiesta is built at the 'Love Factory' in Cologne. You can't really fault German engineering.

fiestalovefactory24.jpg

Wahoo...go Fiesta! Again the price has been picked up on though...lower your prices ford"

To be honest, it always amazeses me when car companies put out a RRP price list and then you can get thousands off of them in any showroom in discounts. Why don't they just give you a price and thats it - take it or leave it?

That's because the Fiesta is built at the 'Love Factory' in Cologne. You can't really fault German engineering.

fiestalovefactory24.jpg

I am loving the idea that my new car will be built in the Love Factory (even if it ends up being built in Valencia). I am hoping that it will be born within the new couple of weeks too - how exciting!!!

I am loving the idea that my new car will be built in the Love Factory (even if it ends up being built in Valencia). I am hoping that it will be born within the new couple of weeks too - how exciting!!!

Paul - just for you! ;)

Paul - just for you! ;)

Thanks for that - now I can see the lovely people who will be making my car I have no more worries about it! . . . :P

SO....THIS is why we are waiting so long for our cars....they're fannying around making videos!!!!! :D

Still can't understand how the Fiesta with all its good reviews is beaten by the Hyundai i20 and the Sirion! :unsure:

Still can't understand how the Fiesta with all its good reviews is beaten by the Hyundai i20 and the Sirion! :unsure:

It's a Which? poll - I never understand how the hell they come to most of their conclusions!!

Thanks for that - now I can see the lovely people who will be making my car I have no more worries about it! . . . :P

And not a towel on a sunbed in sight ;)

fiestalovefactory24.jpg

Hi Nightowl

I am pleased to hear that the new Fiesta is being built in Germany. I understood that the car was built here, there and everywhere. Most likely everywhere.

I asked my salesman on two occasions recently “where is the car built?”. He didn’t seem to know. Still waiting for delivery

Corsham - they're built in both Cologne, Germany and Valencia, Spain.

Folks have tried to work out which version is built where etc, but there doesn't seem to be too much pattern in it. Your salesman didn't know? Deary me, but not surprising.

OMG is that what the Cologne factory looks like?! I LOVE IT! That's where my Fabio was born :D

OMG is that what the Cologne factory looks like?! I LOVE IT! That's where my Fabio was born :D

Indeed it is.

The Ford plant in Cologne was wrapped in over 3000 meters worth of specially designed mesh to celebrate the start of production of the all-new Fiesta. The design for the wrap was actually created in the UK by a team of designers using the only press in the country capable of producing it.

Not to be outdone by the engineers and designers the factory workers did their bit to fit in with the new look plant by revamping their staff uniforms from the dull grey they usually wear to bright pink trousers and hard hats!

The newly transformed factory certainly stands out from the surrounding area, so much so that local pilots have taken to pointing it out to their passengers as they fly over it!

The building took a total of eight days to transform from a grey industrial block into the striking colourful piece residents and workers are now greeted with. A dedicated team of six specially trained engineers worked round the clock over the course of the eight days to finish this ambitious project.

The enormous banner used to transform the building weighs in at a massive 1.5 tonnes with an extra 25 tonnes of water ballast required to fix it in place. The team had to endure thunder storms and sever downpours during the eight day build but are thrilled with the end result – celebrating with a massive factory party when the last section was finished.

fiestalovefactory01.jpg

Btw - Big changes in manufacturing processes have helped Ford of Germany nearly double its productivity over the past four years.

A prime example of the change is the Fiesta, built in Cologne. In 2003 it took Ford workers 24 hours to build the car. Today, it takes just 13 hours for the plant to build a Fiesta. And that's with about 1,000 fewer employees.

Ford of Europe assembles the Fiesta in three shifts at Cologne, the lead plant for the car. Currently, about 1,950 units roll off the line there daily.

2009fordfiestaproductio.jpg

Btw - Big changes in manufacturing processes have helped Ford of Germany nearly double its productivity over the past four years.

A prime example of the change is the Fiesta, built in Cologne. In 2003 it took Ford workers 24 hours to build the car. Today, it takes just 13 hours for the plant to build a Fiesta. And that's with about 1,000 fewer employees.

Ford of Europe assembles the Fiesta in three shifts at Cologne, the lead plant for the car. Currently, about 1,950 units roll off the line there daily.

It is scary when you think how many cars are running off the production line - in the time since I placed my order, and assuming they do not shut the lines down at weekends, 113,100 new Fiestas have rolled off of the Cologne production line alone.

They are getting more and more common though, it's sad. When I first got mine it was one of the only ones, every day I see more and more around. Shows what a good car they are though!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club