17 replies to this topic

#16 Nightowl

Nightowl

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Ford Model: Titanium 3-door + full bodykit Squeeze

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:51 PM

Btw - Big changes in manufacturing processes have helped Ford of Germany nearly double its productivity over the past four years.

A prime example of the change is the Fiesta, built in Cologne. In 2003 it took Ford workers 24 hours to build the car. Today, it takes just 13 hours for the plant to build a Fiesta. And that's with about 1,000 fewer employees.

Ford of Europe assembles the Fiesta in three shifts at Cologne, the lead plant for the car. Currently, about 1,950 units roll off the line there daily.

Posted Image

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 paulworthing

paulworthing

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts
  • Ford Model: Titanium S

Posted 28 July 2009 - 08:01 AM

Btw - Big changes in manufacturing processes have helped Ford of Germany nearly double its productivity over the past four years.

A prime example of the change is the Fiesta, built in Cologne. In 2003 it took Ford workers 24 hours to build the car. Today, it takes just 13 hours for the plant to build a Fiesta. And that's with about 1,000 fewer employees.

Ford of Europe assembles the Fiesta in three shifts at Cologne, the lead plant for the car. Currently, about 1,950 units roll off the line there daily.

It is scary when you think how many cars are running off the production line - in the time since I placed my order, and assuming they do not shut the lines down at weekends, 113,100 new Fiestas have rolled off of the Cologne production line alone.

#18 poohbear

poohbear

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta 1.25 Zetec
Posted 28 July 2009 - 08:41 AM

They are getting more and more common though, it's sad. When I first got mine it was one of the only ones, every day I see more and more around. Shows what a good car they are though!!

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users