Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Refuelling problem

NigelH

I am having trouble refuelling my Mk 7 Fiesta. If I follow the instructions and insert the nozzle up to the first notch, the pump delivers about an egg cup full of petrol before cutting out. I have tried putting the nozzle in by various amounts and at various angles and have tried different pumps and filling stations, but to no avail. The last attempt took 11 minutes to get 8 litres. Is there a secret technique that I have yet to master? Any help would be much appreciated - it's driving me nuts.

Took me a minute or two to suss it :)

Push the nozzle in, then you have to move the nozzle so that end is raised inside, if that makes sense (so you're pushing down on the handle to lift the other end)

This is odd, with mine I just push it in, the nozzle meets a bit of resistance at first then there's a "ptoosh!" as the inner cap disengages and I push it all the way in.

This is odd, with mine I just push it in, the nozzle meets a bit of resistance at first then there's a "ptoosh!" as the inner cap disengages and I push it all the way in.

Mine seems to be the same as this, but tilt it a bit to the side, otherwise the pump will click on and off because of the fuel splashback I was told.

When I first got mine, I must've wasted about a litre of diesel on the forecourt ground, I came home stining of diesel, lol, it was just so blinkin' hard to fuel, I was actually cursing it, and from there on it too took me ages to fill it up, because I kept thinking the same was going to happen, it all dribbling back out, lol, safe to say now though, that I think I've mastered it, and all goes a bit quicker and more effectively, well, there's no pee'd off queues behind me, lol.

You'll get the hang of it! :)

Thanks for the replies - I'll see how I get on the next time. Maybe there is something to be said for electric cars after all!

I turn the handle of the nozzle to the right and that seems to work, glad to know it's not just me!

I've not had a problem with mine at all.

I agree with you Amy; just shove the nozzle in and press the button--hey presto, it fills with petrol! ;)

I agree with you Amy; just shove the nozzle in and press the button--hey presto, it fills with petrol! ;)

Smarty pants Amy and John!

Smarty pants Amy and John!

Ahem! And MEE! :P

Is there a difference with filling between diesel and petrol?

Ahem! And MEE! :P

Ok and you too!!!!

No problems with mine either. Had a few issues with overspill the first time, but as long as you leave the pump in for 10 seconds to drain out then jobs a goodun

This might call for another topic. "Can fuel/Can't fuel" :lol:

Or Can't fuel won't fuel? Like can't cook won't cook...? I'll get my coat...

I've refuelled four times now and it's gone fine each time. The one time I spilt petrol was because there was still some in the nozzle when I picked it up and it went all over me! blech!

• 3 years later...

I have had a nightmare refuelling my Fiesta 1.6tdci s diesel. all the same problems the other guys (who have had problems) have had, infact according to the RAC it is a "known" problem...I had to call them out tonight as i could not get a drop in this time, where as normally i can manage to get some in after moving the filler nozzle around at many different angles. What they suggested i did was just push the nozzle in all the way,then let go of the handle so it sat in the filler "el natural" then slowly squeeze the trigger... it filled up a treat ..tho i did get some fuel coming out the overflow pipe as normal... For you that have not had the problem "yet" i hope you dont get it... those who have had it have probably been looking for a new car like i have. good luck

Next time you fill up look at the nozzle, you'll notice some notches on it. You need to insert the nozzle until the first notch is just past the edge of the filler and hook it over. Then 'drop' the nozzle to adjust the angle and squeeze trigger to fill.

Once I learned this method I never had an issue again.

fiestafuel.png

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club