Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dash Light (Mk2.5)

jbeer

Hi All,

I've noticed over the last few weeks that my dash lights don't seem to be bright when I've got my lights on therefore driving at night.

Can someone just clarify if the following is supposed to happen?

When the headlights (incl side lights) are off the dash lights are on, then when you switch the side and/or the main lights on the dash lights increase in brightness? The brightness of course can be adjusted by the brightness dial.

I have a mk2.5 Titanium with factory fit xenons so if anyone with the same set up could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jason

Dash lights should be off when lights are off come on when sidelights are selected at the same brightness they would be with headlights on unless you manually adjust them via the dimmer switch

Do you mean the lights on the stereo buttons and surrounding area, or the dials? Dials are on once the car is on, but buttons are not until sidelights are on. I can't say I have ever noticed a difference in brightness, but I have Zetec spec.

Sent from my Gen 1 WAP phone

• Like 1

Thats correct jbeer! assuming you mean the instrument cluster being lit??

Its a backlit dash like all newish cars these days, doesnt matter if sidelights)headlights are activated or not the speedo and rev cluster is always back lit

• Like 1

Thanks, yes it is the Instrument Cluster I was talking about and yes it is backlit during the day, thinking now that my mind is playing tricks on me as thought the lights at night seemed to have dimmed lately.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club