Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Revs Problem

hellboy21

hi i own a 06 mondeo 2.0l tdci.

so my revs shoot up when i accelerate in hi gears so u would strsight away say clutch WELL , my uncle is a machanic and he reckons the clutch is good in it. so here is the thing coil light came on years ago and the guy in garage said it was tourbo boost circuit sensor that was gone in it but i never changed it. and more recently a speed sensor went in the car and when it did the revs were back to normal. so do u reckon i should just try the boost sensor or what any response welcome im clueless about cars

If it was a worn clutch I would expect to hear the engine rev in low gears, especially first so I think you're right to put that suspicion on hold for now.

The symptom you describe if what I am experiencing at the moment too. Engine revs in 5th gear, turbo can be heard spooling but no acceleration.

I'm no expert and I've not fixed my problem yet but I'm pointing my finger at the EGR and turbo vacuum solenoids but also not ruling out any chance it's simply a split hose/pipe.

if the engine revs rise when in gear without an increase in road speed it can only be a slipping clutch,you will notice it more in the higer gears due to the clutch having to work harder.

thanks for ur reply do u know why the revs stopped going up when the speed sensor broke the car was perfect then ?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

if the speed sensor broke it could be that the ecu went into a basic fueling setting reducing the engine power, with less torque from the motor the clutch would not slip as mutch.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club