#1 Braders

Braders

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus ST170
Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:34 PM

Hi,

I own a ST170 54 plate, havent had no problems what so ever within the 2 years i have owned her.

but recently my engine management light keeps coming on then going off after a day or 2. and this keeps happening, 2 days ago it came on then yesterday night it went off!

i dont understand its like it cant make up its mind, it drives perfectly starts first time no hesitation, no leaks or anything, i dont understand it lol

i dont really wanna pay out 90 quid for ford too just link my car too a computer and may or may not know what the problem is!

any help would be appreciated

thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Braders

Braders

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:11 PM

someone here must have some idea!!

pleaasssseee this is drivin me nuts!!! lol

#3 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 28 July 2009 - 03:03 PM

its most likely a sensor with an intermittant fault but without reading the codes when the light is illuminated its hard to say which one.

#4 owls4ever

owls4ever

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Ford Model: 54 reg 1.6 Ford Focus
Posted 28 July 2009 - 05:35 PM

its most likely a sensor with an intermittant fault but without reading the codes when the light is illuminated its hard to say witch one.

just an idea (and im not a mechanic) but couldnt you do the dashboard trick and see what dtc code is being read? surely there linked in some way?

#5 bill07

bill07

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Ford Model: focus

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:13 PM

If you put the key in the ignition but dont turn it,hold the trip button down and while holding it turn the ignition key to position 2 you put the hybrid cluster in test mode.the gauges will do a compleat sweap.let go of the button and press it a few times till you get to the d t c codes. They will start with a p followed by numbers. Wright the down and send me a message and i will try to see if i can come up with some advise.

#6 Braders

Braders

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:11 AM

cheers for the advice people, but i have done the dashboard trick and it says "none" so the fault isnt being registered there, i tried the dashboard trick while the management light is on and off. but no luck what so ever. bit confusin relle!.......... and did i mention the !Removed! light is back on!!

#7 fordtech

fordtech

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo
Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:11 AM

That "dashboard trick" only retrieves cluster codes.
You need to get the codes retrieved from the pcm , if you ring round you'll find independents that can do it cheaper than the dealer , experience suggests an oxygen sensor/cat fault or maybe inlet manifold runner fault , but until you get a code it's all guess work

#8 Braders

Braders

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:59 PM

okay thanks mate!

#9 Braders

Braders

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
Posted 09 August 2009 - 07:25 PM

okay thanks mate!

i found out what is wrong with my car, its the pre cat lambda sensor.
i was wondering how much a new one of these would cost and whether i could just replace it instead of being charged loads at ford?

thanks

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users