Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 1.8 -2008

Lejonel

Hi guys!

Im new to this site and from Sweden so pardon me for my bad english...

Anyhow. Ive got some problems with my car. My speedo is stuck at 40km/h. Or not stuck but it doesnt get any lower than that. When my car is parked the speedo stays on 40km/h. If I go above this speed when I driving the gauge works but its always 40km/h above the real speed. Example: My GPS says 100km/h, then the speedo says 140km/h and so on.

Ive tried to acess the menu (hold in menubutton and turn the key to lvl 2) then the gauge goes down to 0km/h but gets stuck at 40km/h again when Im driving. Does anyone know whats wrong with my speedo?

Faulty speedo, as its obviously a mechanical problem with the speedo. What happens if you try and shock it my tapping on the speedo screen.

I would say it sound like a mechanical issue with the instrument cluster, it may be worth having your car connected to diagnostics to rule our any electric/speed sensor issues. If your ABS/braking is working as it should & not kicking in when it shouldn't then I think the instrumentation cluster seems like the most likely culprit.

Faulty speedo, as its obviously a mechanical problem with the speedo. What happens if you try and shock it my tapping on the speedo screen.

Nothing happens. I dont think its stuck on the screen..

I would say it sound like a mechanical issue with the instrument cluster, it may be worth having your car connected to diagnostics to rule our any electric/speed sensor issues. If your ABS/braking is working as it should & not kicking in when it shouldn't then I think the instrumentation cluster seems like the most likely culprit.

Ok guess I have to go to a workshop then. Damn these costs!

No it wont be stuck on the screen its stuck in the spring mechanism. As you'll probably know they are electrical meters these days rather than the old speedo with a rotating magnet.

Hope its not too expensive.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club