Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Refilling Additive Tank And Resetting The Error Codes

Howard1471

This will undoubtedly be a familiar topic, which I have myself come across however I'm hoping to resolve an issue or two along the way at, hopefully, short notice.

The additive in my 1.6 TDCi had run out. Giving me error codes -

P1927 : Fuel Additive level too low/empty

P1932 : Fuel Additive low level

The "Engine System Fault" message on the dashboard after a few moments running was the initial indication of a problem.

I've now added approx. 3/4Ltr of additive to the tank (which is situated at the back of the fuel tank) but I am unable to clear the codes.

I have a "Ford-VCM-OBD" interface and software (Bought from the web) which allegedly clears the codes and re-reads them, however I cannot seem to clear the codes and the dashboard message. Previously, when the code first appeared I was able to clear it, for a few days.

I've tried the "Fuel flap" method, of which there is much talk ( difficult to find on the forums ) but that hasn't done the trick either. Check the status of the flap sensor, that's working fine.

So:

Has anyone got experience of the software I'm using ? Am I doing something wrong ?

How reliable if the Fuel Flap method, Am I missing something?

clearing codes wont fix it, need to reset the fat in pcm , what software you using?

need to find if theres an option to reset the fuel additve tank, then delete codes, once it shows on dash then its too late to reset via the fuel flap

• Like 1

The Power Control Module is showing clear of error codes,

The error codes in the FACM ( Fuel Additive Control Module ) clear OK but on re-reading they appear again.

thats because it needs resetiing, maybe there isnt an option to do that on your software, will have to see if anyone else has the same software as you.

if its empty then i would have thought you could have got more than 3/4 litre in.

I think the tank is 1+1/2 Ltrs. The fluid came in a litre bottle and I spilt a little.

I can reset the FACM counter for you if you can get the car to me. I have IDS and also Forscan and ElmConfig to have a check of everything else whilst at it. If you are struggling to get it sorted send me a PM I'm not far from J29. Not sure what the software you have is able to do but it clears codes but doesn't have the option to reset the counter so the code will keep coming back. Tank capacity should be 1.8 litres from what I have read.

• Like 1

Meant to reply to this earlier but it was good to meet you the other week, glad I could help solve the issue for you by resetting the FACM counter. I assume it has been OK since?

• Like 2

Been fine, Thank you. Got a new diags cable, like the one you've got.

Have to start looking at the rest of the little niggles I've got now :)

• Like 1

Good news buddy, well worth the money for what the ELM does with Forscan and ElmConfig.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

This post has been helpful to me. I've resently had the 'Engine Malfunction' light appear and the EML with the P2584 code (fuel additive control module) and sure enough on inspection I've found my Eloys tank to be empty! I've refilled it and reset the EML but the Engine Malfuntion light and bleeper still operate so think I will try my skills next with the 'Forscan' software. I've just ordered the cable off eBay. I'm hoping its going to be easy and stright forward! I'll keep you posted.

• 10 months later...

Sorry to resurrect this thread but where is the best place to get the refill fluid from as the only place I have looked at only sell it in 5ltr bottles and its over £280.00 + vat.

Any help or pointers would be awesome ,

Thanks in advance Adam. 

Aftermarket PAT fluid from eBay or amazon comes in 1 litre bottles.  Beware of the filling kit though, I got sent the wrong one.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 8/2/2015 at 0:55 PM, Howard1471 said:

fine.

Hi I have a fault as well on the module any help welcome 

IMG_2802.JPG

• 2 years later...

I sorted out with Dephi clone which has the restore counter for additive level function, of course I did it after I filled the tank.

• 3 weeks later...

Junction 29 of where please and could you help me clear my error message please

• 8 months later...

I have refilled the additive tank last year and later on, cleaned the DPF. Today, after I have puted fuel in the tank, the engine malfunction alert happened and errors that I have low additive level. Strange thing, before I have filled the additive tank, I had no errors at all and I drove about 6000 km. Now, after the refill, I drove about 10 000 km. I used the Forscan to "refill" tank and the engine malfunction disappeared, subsequently the errors too. It is possible I have used or loosed all the adidive? It is a way to see if something is wrong with the tank or if I have additive left?