Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 54 reg 1.6 squeal on 1st,2nd and 3rd gear change

owls4ever

hi everyone

first post on here woop woop

1st prob-

when i lift the clutch up to change gear the engine makes a squealing sound - it only seems to do this when im bezzin around the place and not when im sunday driving so im guessing that theres summat wrong with the clutch system. Ive done 43000 miles ish and dunt reckon its normal

any thoughts would be appreciated

:)

2nd thing-

Has anyone with this car had any success changing any of the front lights on the passenger side of the car- the battery case is in the way and this seems like a serious design flaw to say this is the least we can do and saves a trip to the garage

:rolleyes:

hi everyone

first post on here woop woop

1st prob-

when i lift the clutch up to change gear the engine makes a squealing sound - it only seems to do this when im bezzin around the place and not when im sunday driving so im guessing that theres summat wrong with the clutch system. Ive done 43000 miles ish and dunt reckon its normal

any thoughts would be appreciated

:)

2nd thing-

Has anyone with this car had any success changing any of the front lights on the passenger side of the car- the battery case is in the way and this seems like a serious design flaw to say this is the least we can do and saves a trip to the garage

:rolleyes:

first of all the noise your hearing when u release the clutch is actually normal, it happens on fiestas and focuses when flooring it and u change gear quickly. so no need too worry

secondly i have a ST170 and there is even less room in my engine bay, in order too change the headlight bulbs i have too unscrew the headlight unit remove it enough so i can take the back cover off and replace the blown bulb.

there are normally 3 screws that hold the headlight unit in place, they are normally 10mm bolts which are easily located when you open the bonnett.

the first two you can see when u lift the bonnett up the third will be located at the bottom of the headlight unit which is only accessable underneath the car.

when you try too take the unit out it may get caught on the front grill, you can easily unscrew the bolt holding it in place which is also a 10mm, and the headlight should pull free.

the first time i changed a bulb i didnt bother putting the third screw back into the headlight unit because 2 screws is more than enough too secure the unit down and will save time during the future, but thats up too you

first of all the noise your hearing when u release the clutch is actually normal, it happens on fiestas and focuses when flooring it and u change gear quickly. so no need too worry

secondly i have a ST170 and there is even less room in my engine bay, in order too change the headlight bulbs i have too unscrew the headlight unit remove it enough so i can take the back cover off and replace the blown bulb.

there are normally 3 screws that hold the headlight unit in place, they are normally 10mm bolts which are easily located when you open the bonnett.

the first two you can see when u lift the bonnett up the third will be located at the bottom of the headlight unit which is only accessable underneath the car.

when you try too take the unit out it may get caught on the front grill, you can easily unscrew the bolt holding it in place which is also a 10mm, and the headlight should pull free.

the first time i changed a bulb i didnt bother putting the third screw back into the headlight unit because 2 screws is more than enough too secure the unit down and will save time during the future, but thats up too you

Nice one for the advice mate!!

the squeal is common and as said is not a big concern, my 2.0l has it but as you say only when i boot it. The bulb can be change by taking out the top 2 screws in gently pulling the lamp up, after removing the battery cover,its tight but doable.if the bottom screw is left out and there is any movement up and down in the head light it will fail an MoT as insecure.

it doesnt have any movement in mine just by taking and leaving the bottom screw out, i passed 2 mot's with them out. but its entirely up too you. in fact i changed all front bulbs (dipped, full, side and fog lights) and if i didnt remove the entire headlight i think i would still be outside lol