Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Esp And Other Niggles

blueshed

hi guys, got a few little niggles on my 2008 1.6 zetec.

the main one is that the esp light has came on and has stayed on for the last four weeks. i knew the brakes were done, so i bought discs and pads for it and its still on. now, im worried it could be an expensive fix. is there a way to reset it or turn it off? im going to see if i can get it on a computer in the next few days, other than that it drives fine.

the front sills are in tatters because the paint is falling off. has anyone had it sprayed along the sills and how much would i be looking at. the back arches are now startng to bubble too, but they are not as bad as the front.

im looking at selling it at the end of the this month and it will have an m.o.t and service too. its got part service history and its on 88000k, 2008/08 and its a light blue colour like light ice. its got a few age related marks and had four new budget tyres at last m.o.t. is it worth 2.5k?

thanks for any replies in advance.

post-62769-0-79079700-1423430085_thumb.j

the markets flooded with the focus so its a competition....

to pass an mot the esp needs to be fixed you can't just switch it off it will need diagnosed it could be a hub a bearing a sensor or even a bigger issue so you'll need to have it looked into before the mot.

the sills would need a body shop one to match the paint and to treat the rust the color variations are ridiculous to do just the sills you may be it done for around £300 the rear arch could be a simple fix or a whole panel repaint assuming you do all that with a part history and the mileage you may get a bit more

A good condition 60k mile car with full history would get over 2.5k with what you've described if you fix the faults you may get 2k

yeah i did see loads for sale, i will just fix the esp and and have a fresh m.o.t and service put on it. hopefully its not the abs module because i dont know where that would leave me.

so you reckon putting it on for 2.5k is kicking the balls out of it?......also is the kam fuse only on st models?

Kam fuse?

I'm not meaning to sound rude just being honest at 2.5k rusty arches paint peeling on sills and a partial history IDE walk away add the mileage to that then yes its a bit much you'll find lower mileage better examples at the same money.. for me when I look at cars I look at tyres also 4 budget tyres to me says its likely the owner scrimps on paying out money to maintain the car that's an honest opinion you can try advertising it at 2.5k you'll either get no luck or don't he offended If a buyer says no ill give you £1800 .due to new laws they're already having to pay for road tax so any extra expense is a put off .hopefully the esp light isn't a big issue or expensive but it can be

dont worry about that pal, i would rather know its true value than what websites say its worth.

i dont agree with your views on the tyres though. i had a renaultsport clio 182 with loads of spec and under 2 years i spent around 2.5k(only had receipts to 2k) or slightly more on refreshing parts on it, trying to get it factory fresh. ive always bought budget tyres and in 12 years of driving theyve been fine. i sold the clio in the summer to pay for my artic license and now have a focus :-(

this was the clio....

post-62769-0-66453900-1423476952_thumb.j

post-62769-0-63786800-1423477043_thumb.j

post-62769-0-35044000-1423477144_thumb.j

post-62769-0-18453300-1423477233_thumb.j

the kam fuse is "keep alive memory" and its ment to be fuse 26 in the engine bay.

had the car checked today and it came back with fault code c1288. whats the best solution for this or can used parts be used?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club