Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hands Up Who Has X-Vision Parking Sensors Fitted

ninja_geezer

Just had some X-vision rear parking sensors fitted at ford.

seem to work ok just that they seem to be under flush if that makes sense its as though they need to come out a tiny bit.

spoke to the service dept and he said there is no adjustment they are
held in with clips at the back and they get lots of issues with white
cars especially because you can see a tiny bit of the black where they
have drilled the bumper.(on close inspection i suppose the hole they
have drilled is a tiny bit too big and in good light you can see the
black plastic.

what are yours like ?? its not bad don't get me wrong ,maybe i am just being to picky ??

thoughts please. (see pics)

http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s463/ninja_geezer/20150209_184304.jpg

http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s463/ninja_geezer/20150209_175442.jpg

The sensors look off colour by the first picture and by no means flush!

Parents had the X-Visions fitted on theirs (same colour) pretty sure they look worlds apart in terms of fitting quality.. I'll see if I can get a picture for you. If that was me I'd be taking to another dealer and seeing if they agree with you!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

The sensors look off colour by the first picture and by no means flush!

Parents had the X-Visions fitted on theirs (same colour) pretty sure they look worlds apart in terms of fitting quality.. I'll see if I can get a picture for you. If that was me I'd be taking to another dealer and seeing if they agree with you!

To be fair, it does look the right colour but it looks like it needs some lacquer!

Parking sensors have 2 diameters, the outer face and the inner scope, the hole should be cut to the dimension of the scope (could be larger, depends on the outer face dimension) and then pushed in. It looks like they got someone inexperienced to do it and cut the hole to the outer face diameter!

I would personally take it to another garage as has already been mentioned. It doesn't look right at all and I would be ashamed if I had given that to a customer!

• Like 1

To be fair, it does look the right colour but it looks like it needs some lacquer!

Parking sensors have 2 diameters, the outer face and the inner scope, the hole should be cut to the dimension of the scope (could be larger, depends on the outer face dimension) and then pushed in. It looks like they got someone inexperienced to do it and cut the hole to the outer face diameter!

I would personally take it to another garage as has already been mentioned. It doesn't look right at all and I would be ashamed if I had given that to a customer!

Thanks ,whats the cure ?? also ian i think they are not in the correct position. the 2 outer are above the rear lenses.

Thats a !Removed! poor cut ! What more can I say, that needs a new bumper and doing again, make thrre not drunk this time.

• Like 1

OMG cheers ian...... :unsure:

im going to another garage tomorrow,get a second opinion..

By that second photo in no way would I be happy with that! In good light you can see some of the black you say, I'd say in any light you can see some of the black - that's a terrible fitting, I'd be demanding they sort it asap for free and withholding full or part payment for the original fitting until they do so

Edit; I just showed the pics to my husband and his first words were 'did he do it himself?'...I say no more

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Looks like the first cut has been done with a wobbly drill and cut oval. Theres 2 cuts.

I had a bit of practice on an old bumper before I fitted flush fit sensors.

Should look like this.

All sensors on the st fiesta are 450mm apart, and 40mm up from lenses and black part of bumper

post-59356-0-60903500-1423517181.jpeg

By that second photo in no way would I be happy with that! In good light you can see some of the black you say, I'd say in any light you can see some of the black - that's a terrible fitting, I'd be demanding they sort it asap for free and withholding full or part payment for the original fitting until they do so

Edit; I just showed the pics to my husband and his first words were 'did he do it himself?'...I say no more

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Thanks just what i thought really i suppose. i will get a second and third opinion tomorrow if possible. :(

They're meant to use this specific cutter for them

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford__x-vision_parking_sensor_cutting_tool_f_1804072_c_1195.htm

Some parts of the bumper where they fit them are not totally flat, so may cause the issue you have.

Unless you tell them where you want the sensors fitted they will put them where they think best. I had my x visions fitted below the reflectors, same as the factory locations.

They should put them where xvision reccomend for good coverage, marks pointed out the cutters, but there no good when you got a chimp attatched to them! Lol

• Like 1

They should put them where xvision reccomend for good coverage, marks pointed out the cutters, but there no good when you got a chimp attatched to them! Lol

agreed... are they easy to get out do you know ?

how are they clipped in ?

once there in, there in!. you can get them out by twisting and pushing at same time from behind, they are normally a tight fit.

once there in, there in!. you can get them out by twisting and pushing at same time from behind, they are normally a tight fit.

ok thanks just wondered if it would be a simple push twist so they are not seated so deep.

The garage that done it should hang their heads in shame and at least get you a new bumper and pay someone else to do it on their behalf haha

You'd have to get behind the bumper to give them a decent push (no mean feat with the diffuser though)

• Like 1

Ok so emailed a couple of pics to the dealer in question , he swiftly called me back.they are talking new bumper,

great i thought but then had a think about it. do i really want them
taking this bumper off and having to spray and refit a new one ??

not sure as i do,how much is involved in a bumper swap on the ST ??
then there is the colour match issue.(had that problem on my last car) :unsure: :unsure:

Ok so emailed a couple of pics to the dealer in question , he swiftly called me back.they are talking new bumper,

great i thought but then had a think about it. do i really want them

taking this bumper off and having to spray and refit a new one ??

not sure as i do,how much is involved in a bumper swap on the ST ??

then there is the colour match issue.(had that problem on my last car) :unsure: :unsure:

Well presumably it would be at no cost to yourself, and once they have a bumper in stock it will take (approximate book time of half a day iirc) then if they really make a mess of it request another dealer fits the sensors for you!

Alternatively request that another dealer does it straight away, but if they've admitted it doesn't look right you shouldn't be paying a penny regardless :)

• Like 1

As above,

They should be able to order the bumper in pre-sprayed from ford (assuming it's a ford dealer)

A rear bumper swap is pretty simple to be fair. Drill out some pop rivets, remove wheel arch, remove bolts and it'll come away.

Thinking about it, they should be able to get their hands on a bumper with the sensors already fitted.

• Like 1

As above,

They should be able to order the bumper in pre-sprayed from ford (assuming it's a ford dealer)

Thinking about it, they should be able to get their hands on a bumper with the sensors already fitted.

If that's the case then the factory sensors may come with, IMO much better as you get the proximity display via the head unit instead of a faint beeping! Fingers crossed eh

• Like 1

As above,

A rear bumper swap is pretty simple to be fair. Drill out some pop rivets, remove wheel arch, remove bolts and it'll come away.

Sounds a great idea will put that forward to them in the morning.(prob tell me to get lost lol)

Theoretically they shouldn't have an issue with you requesting it (or them providing it)

It was their mistake and one which they need to pay for.

Like I said, as a manager, I would be deeply embarrassed that a customers car left my dealership like that!

• Like 1

Theoretically they shouldn't have an issue with you requesting it (or them providing it)

It was their mistake and one which they need to pay for.

Like I said, as a manager, I would be deeply embarrassed that a customers car left my dealership like that!

Thanks ian hope you are right :D

Ok just got off the phone to the fitting dealer.they are going to put a brand new bumper on the car .but they will not refit the X-vision sensors.

after they have spoken to X-vision they have decided that they are going to tell people that they are not compatible with the current ST !!

this is because they followed the fitting instruction exactly.(in my eyes they only had to move them up 1cm maybe to miss the bumper curve).

so they refund me for the sensors and fit a new bumper.

the chap at x-vision told them to move the sensors up and re drill them get a smart repair done on the bumper !!! I don't think so.....

they are getting it fitted at a body shop....just hope they do a proper job ..

Any one recommend a good parking sensor fitting dealer ??

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club