Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Powershift Variation Between 2011Mk3 Focus And 2013 Fiesta

scenicavalon

Ok. First post, so go easy on me. Have had a 2013 1.6 Fiesta Powershift from new, and being well pleased with it traded in our second car recently for a 2011 Mk3 1.6 Focus Powershift. When I put on brake or handbrake on in Fiesta it noticeably disengages the powertrain until either footbrake or handbrake is released. Not so on Focus. Yes, when footbrake is on, but I have noticed as I put handbrake on and release footbrake, it dips down slightly at rear. As I release handbrake it moves off immediately, not fast mind, but definitely starts moving slowly before handbrake is fully released. Will also creep slightly if handbrake isn't fully pulled on, unlike my Fiesta which wont move until handbrake, fully released. Love the Focus, and am getting used to variation from Fiesta, but are these differences normal? Find Fiesta the more predictable. Have to be more vigilant with Focus in nose to tail traffic. Comments please?

Its the same 250 box so would have thought it should act the same as fiesta.if your not happy with it get ford dealer to check for tcm update and relearn the clutch points and shift drum learns, that might improve it.

Just wanted to confirm should be the same, before contacting Ford about this. Thank you for quick reply.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club