Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Management Light And Em Warning

jjmzetec

Hi all. Haven't been on here for a while. Apologies for that. Just purchased a Ford Focus 1.6TDCI Titanium on a 08 plate. Driving home from Leeds to south Yorkshire and the engine management light came on, about a mile after that a warning pinged up saying engine malfunction. I have done the Dashboard diagnostics thing and that came up with 9601 & 5750. Not of which can explain the fault of why I went in to limp mode on the A621. Managed to make it home but can't seem to pin point what it could be. Car is going back to the garage tomorrow but just want an insight to would it could be if anyone can help

The car has just over 77000 miles on it and has just been MOTed.

Replies appreciated.

It needs to have a diagnostics check to see what codes are present. Very possibly glow plugs as that is what happened to mine at slightly lower mileage. But it could be many things could even be DPF trouble. No one can really tell without knowing what DTC codes are stored in the PCM or other ECU‘S.

Hi Simon. Thanks for that. Just dropped the car off at the garage after driving through to Leeds and there were no trouble I. E no knocks bangs coughs ect just a loss of power meaning I was unable to take the car past 50 which wasn't an issue if anyone has ever drove from Barnsley to Leeds in a morning as you can make it passed that due to the copious amount of traffic. Pulled in to the garage and explained the situation and the guys were more then happy to take a look. He suspects that It may be the DPF also.

Just waiting to hear back from him and will post the outcome.

Again, thanks for your reply.

Hi. Just had word from the garage and the part for my car has just arrived....... Apparently it's due to a turbo release valve.

Will be picking the car up shortly and will let you know how it drives.

What's people's thoughts on this.

Thanks.

I think people will want to know what it was and how much it cost.

Well. I thought it would have been sorted but turns out the engine malfunction warning and engine management light are still there so what ever the turbo recirculation valve is. This wasn't the cause.

Will post again once I hear something tomorrow.

Sounds more EGR valve from that description. Failing that the turbo wastwgate but that would cause a lot of smoke. I would still put money on either glow plugs or DPF issues. Ask them if they have done a forces regeneration.

Hi guys.

Just a quick update on the matter.

Still haven't got my car back.!! So frustrating.

They have an auto electrician coming out tomorrow as apparently they have gone as far as they can with the equipment they have.

I'm not sure what the Auto electrician is going to do? Any ideas.

Just wanted a bit of advice really to see where I stand as they have my old car that I PX'd and cash down up for sale. If they have done any work to the PX car and I say I don't want the new one which is currently under going work. Do I have to pay for any work that has be done on either car.

The car that I PX'd had a scrape on the rear bumper and it looks like they have either painted it or polished it.

auto electrician will be able (presuming hes good) go through every electrical connection and test it down to tiny amounts of conductivity to make sure the fault is electrical

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club