Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dashboard rattle

BobTheSkull

I'll be looking for rattle in other peoples' cars now lol, I bet most other cars are worse than mine.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I might have found where the rattle is coming from. Down the side of the trim surrounding the gearstick there is a join where two pieces of trim come together, and when I tap around this area I can hear a rattle. I'll try and stuff something in there to stop it from vibrating, and if that fixes it I'll do something more permanent (and I'll post a photo).

I had quite a bit of rattle, and found out this part under the dash in the foot well of the drivers side was not even attached, just kind of rested on some plastic / wires

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTAxNFg5OTc=/z/z0oAAOSwd4tT6Ph3/$_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F

Kind of strange, so i re-attached it, and problems seemed to stop.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I have a rattle in my '66' Titanium that seems to come from behind the driver side air-vent. Been into the dealers and apparently they cannot hear it...conveniently. I have a 2015 Titanium that is absolutely silent...no rattles...no nothing except the rev of the engine...a solid and reliable drive at any speed. Don't get me wrong, the '66' car is a great drive but I need to have the music on to not notice the rattle. I am going to take the vent out and explore further.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club