Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacing Water Damaged Tdci Badge

APJ

Morning all,

Its been bugging me for a while now so decided to replace my water damaged TDCI badge on rear of my 2005 Focus Saloon. Bought the badge direct from fordparts (£11) the other day. Before i rip the old one off i just wanted to double check how i should go about it? Will the new badge just stick straight on? Should i use a hairdryer to heat and then remove the old badge with pliers wrapped in cloth? Do i then need to prepare the surface eg clean off any residue from the old badge? Once prepped just stick the new one straight on?

cheers

don't us pliers use dental floss new badge should be sticky clean it well before

fitting new one

thanks for the tip mate. Should i use a hairdryer to heat it up a bit will that make it any easier to remove?

yes just to softer it up but watch you paint

Mark up where the old badge is fitted, warm it up with a hair drier then gently prise it off.

Give the boot panel a quick wipe down with some soapy water as there's often a residue of dirt from under the edges of the badge around where the adhesive sticks on. Once clean maybe a very gentle wipe with something like brake or contact cleaner to double check the surface is degreased BUT this can be too aggressive depending what cleaner is used.

You can also warm up the new badge before fitting it - can help to get the adhesive into it's recommended temperature range, some badges or stick-on parts are pre-heated in the factory prior to fitting.

Simples :)

Thanks for ya help guys, stuck the new badge on yesterday. All went very smoothly, pretty much did what you guys said..masked off around badge...heated (carefully) with hairdryer, used dental floss in a gental sawing motion to get old badge off..cleaned the area with bug remover, then washed it throughly, lightly dried with hairdryer just to make sure was totally dry then placed new badge on...was easier than i thought :)