Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated Front Windscreens

south_bound

Nah any corsa can suffer the feacial position...

Heated screen is a must. I've had it since my MK1 LX and wouldn't go without. As far as Ford owning the rights to it.. my mate has just bought a BMW x3, which has a heated screen button, but all it does it set the hot air at the windscreen, which is no where near as good.

Don't modern Fords automatically turn on the heated rear window below a certain temperature?

Don't modern Fords automatically turn on the heated rear window below a certain temperature?

Or you can set it to via an elm config cable

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Ford OC mobile app

ford must have made fortune over the years with this invention

Heated windscreens, self parking.......but it's stil a f*****g v******l.!

• Like 1

I think you may be right, it sometimes looks like the rear heated screen is on before I press the button.

My 05 Mondeo ST's heated f & r screens & heated mirrors automatically came on when the outside temp was zero, or close to zero.

My 05 Mondeo ST's heated f & r screens & heated mirrors automatically came on when the outside temp was zero, or close to zero.

Did the lights come on to indicate the screens came on automatically? I'll test it on mine next time we get frost, but I know the lights don't come on which seems a bit misleading if the screen is on.

Yes, the switches illuminated as soon as the engine started, the TXS has that feature too, not sure about the Fiesta as we've not used it on a frosty morning yet - will check next time.

You can configure the car so under 4.5 degrees they both come on...

It's been a while since I did it but it's auto heated windscreen or similar option to set and tick

It's been a while since I did it but it's auto heated windscreen or similar option to set and tick

Cool I'll have a look, but maybe we don't have that, I think it would be in the menu with the folding mirrors setting but didn't notice it before.

Not sure but it's only via elmconfig as opposed to some I spoke to recently who thought you could do this through the instrument cluster

I don't really see the point of them coming on automatically. If you can't see through the glass when you start off then you hit the switch and it stops automatically a few minutes later in case you forgot to switch off. Once you are driving, even on a very cold day, the windscreen never freezes again as there is usually a flow of air on the outside to stop the frost from forming, and the inside vents send some warm air that way as well.

A couple of times when I have driven from warm sunny weather into cloudy or foggy then the windows can mist up as the colder air hits it and I give it a blast of air or switch on the heated window, but thats not normally at freezing temperatures.

I don't really see the point of them coming on automatically.

I think it's to save some drivers from their own stupidity. Some people will drive off even if they have very limited visibility, so if the heated screens come on automatically that should reduce the chance of accidents happening.

Completely agree. Defiantly a safety feature more than convenience.

And means that you can get in, turn the key, then scrape the other windows without forgetting to do the windscreen!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club