Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Mk4 Instrument Cluster Upgrade

Dave_TDCI

At the moment I'm currently looking at purchasing a 2008 Mondeo 2.0 TDCI. She's a Ghia spec which means she's relatively well spec'd, only problem I have was I was hoping for a Titanium spec mainly because of the Ford Converse+ cluster display.

Does anyone know is it possible to upgrade from the standard instrument cluster to a Titanium cluster with the Converse+ display?

Would be pretty happy with the car if this could be done :)

What where you hoping to gain by having the converse+ ?

I have read that it is a simple upgrade, but I haven't tried it, so I don't know personally. That said, there has been some chatter about the pre-FL and FL models being different, so you probably have to get one of the same status as your car (pre-FL) or some functions don't work.

Whether this is just down to software, or whether something about the wiring is different, I don't know, but it may just be a matter of having the correct software for the car (but this is just speculation on my part).

What where you hoping to gain by having the converse+ ?

To be honest I just don't really like the instrument cluster on the Mondeo's. I think they look dated, the Focus cluster is far nicer in my opinion. The Titanium one's though I like alot...think it looks very modern. It was't really for any extra functions or anything (though that would be a bonus) but once they worked and could get the trip computer information I'd be happy.

I have read that it is a simple upgrade, but I haven't tried it, so I don't know personally. That said, there has been some chatter about the pre-FL and FL models being different, so you probably have to get one of the same status as your car (pre-FL) or some functions don't work.

Whether this is just down to software, or whether something about the wiring is different, I don't know, but it may just be a matter of having the correct software for the car (but this is just speculation on my part).

Yeah I've heard of the Facelift one's looking different but i think it's just to software...as regards software upgrades fitting one to a car that didn't have one from factory I don't know what way it would work.

One other thing I was wondering?...Let's say I came across one from a 1.8 TDCI...I presume that would be compatible with a Mondeo with a 2.0 TDCI?...or would the clocks be a bit out?

Thanks for any help

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club