Do Not Sell My Personal Information

'service Now' Fist 64Reg

dmizz93

Title is pretty self explanatory...

Was minding my own business in my car waiting to pick a mate up from work the other day (had to wait around 30mins or so due to them getting out late) then had a quick catch up..

Essentially my car sat for around an hour with stereo and heated seats on.. Went to start the car and it didn't want to, almost as if the battery had gone.

Tried 2nd time and worked fine but a little message appeared on the display saying service now... On tha subsequent journey I noticed that driving through the gears was horrendous.. I could put my foot all the way to the floor and then 10seconds later the car would wake itself up and actually go somewhere...

Aside from that I've also noticed now I'm the week since whenever I start the car it has a high idle (around 1200rpm) for 2-3mins but will then settle. Just seems odd to me as I've never had that issue before :/

FYI the service now message disappeared as quickly as it came up, just wondering whether it's worth a trip to the dealer or if anyone else has had similar issues!

Ta

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I would take it in, especially for a new car, might just dammage something, then again it could be something small, like with our old golf 5, everytime a bulb went out, it would also flash a spanner sign which was an overkill if you ask me.

Yeah if that was me I'd be straight to the dealer. Or try and read the error codes. Hopefully it's nothing serious, sounds like it's the old "limp home" problem.

If the revs are high on idle then it could be the alternator trying to get some juice back into the battery after starting the engine? :)

Have you tried charging the battery off the car? (Suppose if it's under warrantee then let ford get there hands dirty :D)

Yeah my first thought was the alternator... But it's been around a week now and I've taken it on a few runs since... It always quietening down when it's up to temp, just the whole service now followed by the fact the car was so unresponsive that scared me - I mean it certainly seems okay now if I put my foot down but I'll probably book it in!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club