• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jules

jules

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Ford Model: ford fiesta zetec blue

Posted 28 July 2009 - 01:17 PM

I may neeed a couple of tyres soon and was wondering that if my wheels need balancing,the balance weights that they may put on would obviously spoil the look of my alloys if they were on the outside,so do ford or can ford put balance weights on the inside of the wheel?

In fact are most places able to do this if you ask them or do they just put them on the outside as its easier and perhaps cheaper?

I've looked at a few cars with alloy wheels lately at lights etc and notice a lot of balance weights on the outside.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 bill07

bill07

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Ford Model: focus

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:45 PM

its not hard to put them on the inside of the wheel. self adhesive weights stick to the inner face of the wheel and should be done as standard on alloy wheels,but some mechanics just knock them on the outside.ask for them on the inside just to make sure and complain about the damage if they don't.

#3 RIIIDAA

RIIIDAA

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Ford Model: 09 Fiesta Titanium, Tech & dress-up pack

Posted 28 July 2009 - 08:17 PM

just stipulate they must NOT fit the weights to the outside of the rims before you let them work on the car, this is what i do

#4 jules

jules

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Ford Model: ford fiesta zetec blue

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:24 PM

Ok great - Thanks guys.Always better to be prepared.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users