Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Balance weights

jules

I may neeed a couple of tyres soon and was wondering that if my wheels need balancing,the balance weights that they may put on would obviously spoil the look of my alloys if they were on the outside,so do ford or can ford put balance weights on the inside of the wheel?

In fact are most places able to do this if you ask them or do they just put them on the outside as its easier and perhaps cheaper?

I've looked at a few cars with alloy wheels lately at lights etc and notice a lot of balance weights on the outside.

its not hard to put them on the inside of the wheel. self adhesive weights stick to the inner face of the wheel and should be done as standard on alloy wheels,but some mechanics just knock them on the outside.ask for them on the inside just to make sure and complain about the damage if they don't.

just stipulate they must NOT fit the weights to the outside of the rims before you let them work on the car, this is what i do

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club