Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.0 Fiesta/ Focus 125Hp

London's Finest

Hey guys,

Just wondering, but have any of you got a ford fiesta/focus 1.0? Whats it like? What does it accelerate like? Does it feel like a 1.0? How does it handle the motorway? ( I know its for the city driving but...you never know ;) )

I have a 1.0 125ps Fiesta & acceleration is very good & it loves the motorway. I had a 1.4 previously & the 1.0 knocks spots off it! You can tell it's only a 3 cylinder engine when starting from cold but it is an excellent engine.

as an engineer i always wonder about smaller engines pulling large weights,,, even with a turbo clamped to it.
i get the feeling that in 7-10 years a few people will wish they got the bigger engine maybe.

Only time will tell i think.

I had a focus and fiesta ecoboosts before the kuga and they are cracking cars.

I would recommend the 1.0 125 ps as it has the six speed gear box and pulls a lot better.

The engine has won various awards for Ford and it's very popular.

I can see what Ian has said above but the way manufacturers test their engines and vehicles before releasing them I can't see their being a problem! As said time will tell but I guess that's down to personal preference and how long you tend to keep cars for.

I recommend you go to a dealer a test drive a 1.0 in a focus and fiesta back to back and make your choice from their but in my opinion the engine is capable of managing the focus.

I've got a 1.0 125ps Focus Zetec S after having two 1.6 petrol cars (Focus Mk 2 and Mk 2.5)

The 1.0 knocks spots off of them. Nippy when needed (the overboost is great) and just a great car to drive.

here's a bit of reading matter for you,, very interesting i thought.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20140526/OEM06/305269991/can-3-cylinder-engines-overcome-their-wimpy-reputation?

some good comments at the end of the article too.

I have just bought a nearly new Fiesta 1.0 litre 100 Ecoboost Titanium 5dr. Too early to give a definite answer but my early impressions of the 3-cylinder engine are good. The sporty 'murmur' under acceleration is no gimmick; the Fiesta has a truly surprising turn of pace. I fell in love with the car during the test drive and the driving experience continues to be excellent. As for petrol consumption, I haven't covered enough mileage to comment. Ford's claim of 65 MPG sounds a bit optimistic though.

I would like to give the focus a try with the 1.0 ecoboost. However I currently have a 2009 1.4 tdci fiesta which only has 70bhp but does pull and is pretty economical (55mpg average over 60,000 miles). I get a 1.0 ecoboost fiesta every time my car is in for a service and bearing in mind it gets a good hammering, or I should say "test" it never does less than 45mpg running around 10p per mile. On motorways it runs very smooth and the engine is very quiet. I usually get the Zetec model which is nice inside however I did get the Titanium last time and it was just excellent. At 70mph you can barely hear any outside noise and with cruise control it made motorway driving a breeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I have just got the zetec s. 1.0 125ps traded in my mk2 focus 2.0l tdci and the fiesta matched

The driving experience didn't try the focus 1.0 but if anything like the fiesta will be a great car

I have a Fiesta 1.0 125PS and it's just so good! As others have said, from cold you can tell it's a smaller engine, but once it warms up (doesnt take long) it's unbelievable it's a 1.0! The acceleration is properly crazy if you really go for it ;)