• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DEV

DEV

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Posted 26 April 2008 - 09:06 PM

hi Guys , have a problem with a 1.4 2003 fiesta , the radiator fan wont cut in , tried linking the fan to the battery and it works ok , tried bridging out the temp sensor and it wont work , also checked all the fuses and relays all seem to be working also the air con has stopped working ,
any ideas guys ,
cheers dev

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 caswellsam

caswellsam

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta zetec
Posted 30 April 2008 - 02:16 PM

hi Guys , have a problem with a 1.4 2003 fiesta , the radiator fan wont cut in , tried linking the fan to the battery and it works ok , tried bridging out the temp sensor and it wont work , also checked all the fuses and relays all seem to be working also the air con has stopped working ,
any ideas guys ,
cheers dev

mine does similar . . . . only blows hot air regardless of where you set the temperature.

theres a electric solenoid valve at the back right of the engine bay which had to be replaced on mine . . . . . . .

ford would be your best bet, i dont think the parts available anywhere else

#3 Russ

Russ

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4i zetec

Posted 20 July 2008 - 04:29 PM

If it's the radiator fan your talking about, it shouldn't cut in unless your engine starts to overheat! ( so don't expect to see it whirring around like the radiator fans of old did, those were connected at all times with a 'fanbelt' and ran constantly, nowadays they're electric so ONLY work when the engine starts to overheat.)

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users