Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DEV

Fan not working

3 posts in this topic

hi Guys , have a problem with a 1.4 2003 fiesta , the radiator fan wont cut in , tried linking the fan to the battery and it works ok , tried bridging out the temp sensor and it wont work , also checked all the fuses and relays all seem to be working also the air con has stopped working ,

any ideas guys ,

cheers dev

hi Guys , have a problem with a 1.4 2003 fiesta , the radiator fan wont cut in , tried linking the fan to the battery and it works ok , tried bridging out the temp sensor and it wont work , also checked all the fuses and relays all seem to be working also the air con has stopped working ,

any ideas guys ,

cheers dev

mine does similar . . . . only blows hot air regardless of where you set the temperature.

theres a electric solenoid valve at the back right of the engine bay which had to be replaced on mine . . . . . . .

ford would be your best bet, i dont think the parts available anywhere else

If it's the radiator fan your talking about, it shouldn't cut in unless your engine starts to overheat! ( so don't expect to see it whirring around like the radiator fans of old did, those were connected at all times with a 'fanbelt' and ran constantly, nowadays they're electric so ONLY work when the engine starts to overheat.)