Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Road Rage

jeebowhite

So I want to vent this before I get out the car and beat someone's shed with my walking stick....

At a drive through they barged in front of me while I waited to move forward to pay, then leaving the car park they forgot how to drive and took about 10 seconds just to move out the junction. Then she got all hesitant and failed to exceed 15 MPH, got the slip road for the main road, she sat in the middle of the slip road rather than left or right.... Then after getting off a roundabout, to a bit of road that goes from two lanes to one, she got off the road and moved far over the left about am inch off the kerb, so I started to accelerate heavily to get past her, then she started to throw her shed up to 35 whilst I was overtaking....

I hate idiots, especially when I had to drive like an idiot to avoid her crashing into me...

If I had stopped I would have beaten her shed of a punto with my walking stick until the thing was Road legal....

• Like 1

Lol, I know what you mean. Some people just don't have any idea what they are doing nor have they any judgement when driving. Makes you wonder how on earth how they got their license in the first place.

Yup, bleedin idiots I would be surprised if she thought a license was even needed... Still, I might just watch the footage, check her car for tax insurance and mot and report her if anything stands out, then upload the footage to the wall of idiotic drivers...

Idiots.. I can't stand people that accelerate when you go to overtake!

I've been behind people who do 38mph on a winding A road with national speed limit.. head into a small village/schools etc and keep doing the same speed... Then back into the 60 zone they stay doing 38... The moment you go to put the pedal down they start to do 45-50...

Sent via carrier pigeon using Ford OC

Yep bunch of numbnuts some people either have no awareness of other road users or they just dont care does grip my bit fair play

Yeah they do my head in. But in standard misfortune, my cam ran out of memory 4 minutes before I hit the drive through, so no footage.... Bleedin thing! I really think I will be buying a replacement when my payout comes in...

Drivers that sit in the inside lane when I go to over take them in a 7.5 t lorry then they put there foot down. FFs, and becuase I can't do anything all the cars that have built up behind me are cursing me when I do eventually pull in to the slow lane.

• Like 1

Yeah it's a nightmare when you get slated for another idiot....

Probably too busy eating her big mac to be able to concentrate on her driving.... Priorities and all that.

• Like 2

Idiots.. I can't stand people that accelerate when you go to overtake!

I've been behind people who do 38mph on a winding A road with national speed limit.. head into a small village/schools etc and keep doing the same speed... Then back into the 60 zone they stay doing 38... The moment you go to put the pedal down they start to do 45-50...

Yeah I've seen a few of these, I don't know what goes through their heads when they think it's only safe to do 40 on a clear country road, and also safe to do 40 though a town.

Then there's the day to day annoyances, like this morning when a Transit driver decided to cut in front of me on a 2 lane road approaching a roundabout, and I think if I didn't slow down he would have caught the front of my car. It's hard to resist hitting the horn in situations like that, but I'm managing to avoid road rage most of the time :)

thy say its the young or old people but most of the time its the middle aged that are the worst , that's what I noted when I was driving for royal mail

I do use my horn a lot, but on that occasion I didnt, mainly because I was judging my speed in the dark and hoping I wasnt about to roll the car by smacking into the kerb of the impending traffic island...

I used to use my horn a lot but trying to be a calmer driver now lol. I will occasionally use it when people blatantly refuse to give way, especially on roundabouts, then they get a long blast of the horn from the point they pull out on me to the point I drive round the back of them :P

I go for horns and blinding of lights! fogs, main beams the full shebang! and often when in front of them, I will drive with the hazard lights on lol...

• Like 1

Hahaha... I got a chance to play my road rage game.. Or the thing that stops me from raging..

It's called "spray the shiny car behind"

Had a guy in a very shiny Citroen (the make isn't so important, but the fact it was nice and clean is important)... In an average speed camera zone where I was doing 30 (the average) he seemed to think I wasn't going fast enough so he sat on my rear bumper/looked for overtaking opportunities (which was odd).. I slowed down a little then sped up to get him off the rear, but he persisted... So I decided my windscreen was VERY VERY dirty and needed a good long wash.. Must have pushed the button for a good 10-20 seconds!!! Hahaha.. Made me laugh so much to see him eventually drop off and have to wash his own screen.. He tried to cut me up afterwards though, but he didn't get the desired effect..

• Like 2

Small things like that are amusing. I plan to keep a water pistol in the car with dyed black water and anyone who annoys me gets a spray on their shiny car....

....what if it's black... :/

Then I become a racist and throws whites at it, or milk, and tell them its recycled love juice :-P

You'll find the A605 between Rushden and Peterborough fun then, Jeeb. I usually have one or two... 'experiences' on it each weekend. A Corsa has featured in one of them. It tried to make a three lane roundabout into a one lane, straight line roundabout. They didn't count of a rather fast focus reading the road properly and using the outside lane of the three to carry me past their slow driving. I think they saw me coming and punted the throttle to shut me out. 450Nm's got me past before they put me into the roundabout and swipe the side. I fudging hate poor lane discipline! Among other things.

• Like 2

I fudging hate poor lane discipline! Among other things.

Yeah that's one thing that really annoys me, you have to expect that the car in front isn't going to stay in their lane on a lot of roundabouts and corners. There's one on my way home from work where it happens all the time, I usually hang back behind whatever is in the inside lane and then blast past them when it's clear :)

I like to put my car in their way when they exercise poor lane discipline... Gives me a chance to berate them and hopefully make them think in the future...

Not sure if it's worse to have an idiot in front one behind...

I'd say worse to have one in front, reference the recent accident I saw... I'd say the car in front was an idiot for stopping and not knowing the road layout... And when you go (if you go) into the back of someone it's your fault...

• Like 1

Not sure if it's worse to have an idiot in front one behind...

This morning it was an idiot behind me, on the M1 I saw a BMW behind me drifting into the hard shoulder, probably confused about how to overtake. Then he came to his senses and overtook in the middle lane lol.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club