Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 4500RDS Radio Connections

Paul.d

Hi All

We've just got a Fiesta 1.4 TDCi on an 02 plate and it has the standard 3 tier radio/cd 4500. I am wanting an ipod connection, but not the transmitter or aerial type, more a hard wire into the back of the radio. I haven't yet attempted to take the radio out to have a look at the back, as i understand you have to first remove the front facia panel completely.

I have a bluetooth streaming car kit (IO Play), which simply connects between your car radio loom and the radio using an SOT lead, but i'm not sure if i can use this in the Fiesta as we did in the Corsa we did have.

Any help appreciated, especially pics of back of radio if anyone's got any

Paul

Hi Again

Thanks for the reply, i have now sorted an SOT lead, but i'm struggling to find the radio code. I know i need the serial number to get the radio code, but is there any way of getting the serial number without having top strip the dash to take the radio out, as you can appreciate i only want to strip it once and do everything at the same time.

Thanks

Paul

Hi Again

Thanks for the reply, i have now sorted an SOT lead, but i'm struggling to find the radio code. I know i need the serial number to get the radio code, but is there any way of getting the serial number without having top strip the dash to take the radio out, as you can appreciate i only want to strip it once and do everything at the same time.

Thanks

Paul

I just rang the Ford dealers that the car originally came from, and they gave me mine over the phone. That might be worth a try.

Hi

I work in the motor trade, unfortunately not at a Ford dealer, i should have done that in the first place, will try them tomorrow.

Regards

Paul

Hi All

Spoke to Ford and they've tod me to press and hold 2 & 5 together and that should give me the serial number and then i've to give them a call back for the radio code.

Paul

Hi All

Spoke to Ford and they've tod me to press and hold 2 & 5 together and that should give me the serial number and then i've to give them a call back for the radio code.

Paul

fingers crossed they won't try and charge you.... if they do then just make up some rubbish that you bought the car from a ford dealers so its not your fault they didnt supply the radio code thats what I did even though I knew I had lost it.

Hi All

Well 2 & 5 didn't work so i rang Ford back and they wasn't exactly sure, but they thought it was either 2 & 5 or 2 & 6.

Anyway if it helps, you turn the ignition and the radio on and then hold 2 & 6 and the serial number should come up, although it does disappear quick if your not ready to write it down.

I rang Ford and they gave me the radio code straight away with no charge, so hope it's correct now, just got to find the time and patience to strip the dash to connect the SOT lead.

Paul

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club