Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk1 Stalling/rough Idle

sheepy123

hi, im trying to get to the bottom of this problem. symptoms ive got are- rough idling, stalling on tickover, low revs resulting in battery light coming on.

ive got diagnostic software which is giving me the following DTCs -
P1124, P1101, P1131.

ive replaced since january 2015
idle control valve (IAC) - eBay
MAF with a HELLA one from euro car parts
Ignition Coil - aftermarket from local motor factors
Spark plugs - Bosch from local motor factors again
fuel filter - generic one from local motor factors again
crankcase breather/throttle hose (one above exhaust that melts etc) - ford main dealer

clutch fitted - december 2014 2wks before christmas - none of these problems were present before the clutch was replaced!!!!!!!!!.....

when i replaced the idle control valve, i had to use some gasket sealant, as NO gasket was supplied is it possible that some of the gasket sealant has blocked up the idle ports??? (btw this is has got poor access!, as you cant really see what you are doing)

im starting to run out of ideas now, any help would be gratefully welcome

I used to own a really awesome 1.8 zetec mk1 and i had a few problems with idling and just the revs in general

Symptoms:

Car would sometimes idle at 3,500 rvs

Car would stall when at traffic lights whilst clutch was down

struggling at first start in the morning

I looked around and eventually found a gash in a pipe at the rear of my engine block.

I could only assume that the gash meant that the incorrect amount of pressure was being experienced in the engine, so removed it.

REally hard to get to

and bought a replacement from a ford parts warehouse for less than £10.

Replaced the pipe without any sealant or whatever and the rev problems stopped.

Just a suggestion. will see if i can find the picture i took of the engine and post it below

Good luck, hope this helps

Sorry, the picture must have been on my old phone! Can't find it.

I understand how useless this may be :unsure:

Cheers m8, if it's the pipe tht cums out of the throttle housing n goes round the bk of the engine n plugs in below the coil then I've found mine was soft n split n replaced it already.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Clutch fitted - december 2014 2wks before christmas - none of these problems were present before the clutch was replaced!!!!!!!!!.....

I'd have taken it back to the garage that fitted it. It sounds like something didn't get put back properly.

• 2 weeks later...

Woohoo finally got to the bottom of the wife's car problems. Turned out a another vacuum pipe was perished n a pipe was missin off the rear of the throttle housing & it needed new HT leads. It now goes like a rocket. Thanx to all who helped.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club