Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bad Throttle Response, Code P2135 And P0704

SteveWhittet

Hi, my wife's fusion 1.4, starting playing up on Saturday morning out of the blue, wouldn't idle properly and felt like it was holding back when driving almost like the handbrake was still on. It would stall when stopping instead of just idling. My friend came over with his code reader and the two codes it came up with was p2135 and p0704. He said it was to do with the Throttle Position Sensor and clutch switch something or other. Anyone shed any light on it? Any help greatly appreciated.

Thabx Steve

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Not sure, don't really know much about her car. How was I be able to find out?

is it an auto, semi auto or manual?

Oh right, thought you meant a number or model , it's a 5 speed manual. 5 forward one back

im confused as to why you have the p0704, as that would suggest you have a manual, do you have cruise control?

It is manual, no cruise control. Its a 1.4 style, 16v duratech I think it is.

I dont know why there is a clutch pedal sensor then, in which case, I wonder if you need a software update to the GEM.

post-50831-142412216311_thumb.png

Got this when I scanned it 2nite, but it drove 25 mile from work white without a hiccup, Saturday was the first day it did it and it was very wet, could it just be damp in the connections maybe?

When I started it this morning I could hear a 'running water' sound from behind the dash that I can't say I've noticed b4 but it's never been started without the radio on so can't say for sure if it been there all the time or not lol

Could well be moisture, but I would check the footwell for any sign of water ingress also check the pollen filter if it's available...

Thanx will check 2moro, and just see how she goes I guess, 'let it develop' as my mechanic would say lol

Thanx

Theres definatly a clutch switch on the fusion, , check the cltch pedal and throttle pedal connections.

pollen filter is opposite side of dash.

check the connector on the throttle body for corrosion,

Thanx Ian, will have a look at those 2moro, pollen filter that behind the dash or behind the scuttle panel under the bonnet?

Wouldnt worry about pollen filter, wont be that, no where near pedals,