Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Top Gear

jeebowhite

So I am sat playing catch up on this season of top gear...

1) I am impressed with Ed Sheeran, he is such a down to earth guy! he bought cars for his soundcrew because they are cars they always wanted!

2) I loved watching Ed Sheeran's "Driving Lesson" where he pummelled the Astra across the fields :D

Anyone else enjoyed these parts :D

have not watched top gear for a long time mainly because the cars thy test drive are car you can only dream off

Yeah its sad in that respect and they dont always do reasonable cars, but I look forward to them testing the mondy....

I like the show but im begining to find Clarkson a little bit annoying, the "its all about me" crap is getting old now he needs to change tack and be a little bit more human

• Like 2

He is a bit pig headed but he won't change that ever lol

I've only seen that first episode so far but plan on catching up on the others too. I enjoyed those parts and it's always good to see the Astra being damaged in any way lol. Also liked the stupid race with the hovercraft, although somehow I don't believe they let Clarkson loose with that thing by himself with no instruction on how to drive it.

I've always liked how the three presenters interact, especially on the big journeys with old cars. The recurring jokes and crashing into each other never get old lol. I saw part of the India Special last night, up to the point where they put a banner on the side of a train which read "Eat English Muffins". Had to stop watching before that message gets changed slightly, but still remember that part lol.

haha, its a shame they dont do more real world cars, but it adds to the intrigue, I just saw the one where they were outback, that was amusing.

Yeah I agree they should give a bit more air time to cars that 99% of the viewers are likely to buy. Maybe they could change the 2nd hand car challenges and use new, everyday cars instead. But then there's a problem because they probably won't be returned in show room condition.

yeah that spoils the idea lol, but they should do more of the everyday mid spec cars. Titanium is nice to show, but do it with a Zetec instead...

Thing with top gear is that it's an entertainment show that happens to have cars in it. It's not really a car buying guide show.

I still love it always make a point of recording it and watch asap.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

None of the mainstream shows really focus on the day to day cars...

This season seems better than the last two or three though. I found myself going off of TG as a result.

I prefer the budget car challenges, much more entertaining, they have to get involved to fix it and they spend a reasonable budget on it so it shows the viewer how say a volvo v40 can cost a quid and last you a while...

Thing with top gear is that it's an entertainment show that happens to have cars in it. It's not really a car buying guide show.

I still love it always make a point of recording it and watch asap.

That's true, but when they do reviews of more affordable cars they often do a very good job of it. It was their review of the Fiesta ST and it's competitors that really made up my mind on getting this car :)

• Like 1

So I am sat playing catch up on this season of top gear...

1) I am impressed with Ed Sheeran, he is such a down to earth guy! he bought cars for his soundcrew because they are cars they always wanted!

2) I loved watching Ed Sheeran's "Driving Lesson" where he pummelled the Astra across the fields :D

Anyone else enjoyed these parts :D

hmm must apply to become one of mr Sheerans sound techies haha get myself a ford mustang or something. other than that im not a big fan of his music, Anyway I've missed an awful lot of top gear this year tbh is it good worth a watch?

• Like 1

hmm must apply to become one of mr Sheerans sound techies haha get myself a ford mustang or something. other than that im not a big fan of his music, Anyway I've missed an awful lot of top gear this year tbh is it good worth a watch?

Yeah I think these new episodes might be better than the last series :)

've missed an awful lot of top gear this year tbh is it good worth a watch?

Yeh it's been pretty good,

The quality is there as they've had a year to make this series,

Keifer Sutherland & Will Smith are the biggest names on so far.

As mentioned they usually have some old cars for their travels, but I liked their idea of modern powerful cars in the Australian Outback.

They also addressed the issue of reviewing 'normal' cars on Sundays episode, it didn't go well lol.

Aye it's worth catching up, it's good series and some is humorous

I went to see Top Gear Live at the Echo Arena in Liverpool on Sunday - was pretty cool.

Had my name down for tickets to the TV show for a couple of years now to no avail :(

I wouldn't mind getting paid to goof around in cars!

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more! Though seeing hammonds recent challenge or fair send off of the land rover shows on occasion they earn their keep lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club