Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remapping - Stage 1 Fiesta Ecoboost

jj882

Hi All,

I feel like this may well be a very silly question, but I am still new to this so I thought best to ask the people who know!

I have a fiesta 14 plate 125hp Ecoboost Zetec S. My question is, is a remap detectable? Or, is there a chip I can plug in that acts as the remap but then wouldn't be detectable after.

You see, I am paying the car off monthly and can trade it in for another ford in 2-3 years. I wanted to know if I can remap the car, or if its even if its worth doing as I don't want to void the 3 year warranty r have the finance deal affected in anyway, unless of course it it undetectable.

I was thinking about a stage 1.

Any advice is appreciated!

Thank you

Probably best bet to get a Superchip, plugs in to the obd port of the car, upload the map, when you sell it remove the map and put the original back on. When you take it for a service do the same as I Beileve they have been known to erase the map when fords do a dianostic.

When you get a new car it won't be transferable but you can get a new map from Superchip downloaded on to the handset Ive heard.

You might try the Superchips Bluefin option. You can then put the map on, via the OBD11 port under the steering wheel (or have them do it) and take the map on and off, via the Bluefin unit as and when you take it to the dealer or trade it in. You can then use the map once off, on another similar spec model I think.

I have Bluefin remaps on my ST2 Fiesta and my wife's 1.6 Petrol Titanium one.

Remapping works best when combined with a K&N airfilter (or similar) - K&N is used by Mountune though.

sorry for ot

hey Richard is it notable on the 1.6 petrol?

/tim

Hi All,

I feel like this may well be a very silly question, but I am still new to this so I thought best to ask the people who know!

I have a fiesta 14 plate 125hp Ecoboost Zetec S. My question is, is a remap detectable? Or, is there a chip I can plug in that acts as the remap but then wouldn't be detectable after.

You see, I am paying the car off monthly and can trade it in for another ford in 2-3 years. I wanted to know if I can remap the car, or if its even if its worth doing as I don't want to void the 3 year warranty r have the finance deal affected in anyway, unless of course it it undetectable.

I was thinking about a stage 1.

Any advice is appreciated!

Thank you

You could get the Mountune MP135, that warranty approved along with the induction kit, intake hoses, boost hoses and intercooler.

• Like 1

Thank you all for the advice so far! I am going to hunt for the superchip first of all as this doesn't require any hardware upgrades for stage 1.

I'm also looking for a lower valance in red so I can start the ST conversion

Darn it! :angry:

Had my ECU Stage 1 remap done last week. My 2 year service is due at the end of the month! I'm left wondering if the remap is going to be wiped off, when Ford do a diagnostic. :unsure:

Luckily, the guys who did the remap stated to reload the map (should it be wiped) will only cost £20 labour. ;)

diagnostic wont wipe map,think only time map wiped would be after a pcm update/recalibrate and thats not done unless theres a running issue reported by you

• Like 2

diagnostic wont wipe map,think only time map wiped would be after a pcm update/recalibrate and thats not done unless theres a running issue reported by you

So should I remap then, they shouldn't really notice or care? I cant help but feel the chip may be the safer option.

The safest option if your worried about the warranty is not to do anything or go for the Mountune upgrade. Any other option is at your own risk, IF the worst happen and something is goes wrong with the engine, ford can tell if the ecu has been flashed, if it's not one of their updates they will suspect you've had it mapped.

Likelyhood of something going wrong is low but, any things possible.

"The only hardware to the Mountune basic upgrade is a K&N panel filter". Fitting one of these helps natural aspirated and turbo versions and at under £40 typically, it's probably a worthwhile start, regardless, if you don't want to pay the premium cost of Mountune upgrade - and it will last much longer.

In answer to another question, the Superchips Bluefin remap doesn't give a dramatic power upgrade to non-turbo 1.6 petrol Fiestas, but comes into it's own when combined with good air intake and a sensible exhaust. I transferred the standard ST exhaust onto my wife's 1.6 Petrol Titanium which had been remapped and with good filtration and a silicone intake tube it works nicely.

A "Sprintbooster" fitment to the accelerator makes the ST and Titanium more lively and quick off the mark, but I'd be a little concerned about clutch wear with too much enthusiastic use!

thanks richard.. I´ve got a metal with bigger exhaust and kn panel filter with intake hose, so i was thinking about getting the superchips bluefin map for a little boost..

i think the clutch will do just fine, its a minor boost in preformence

jj882 go for mountune kit and keep warranty:)

You should expect 9 to 11 more BHP but mainly from mid range up (little noticeable at under 3000rpm).

My point about the clutch relates solely to use of the "Sprintbooster" unit since it's very easy to make the clutch smell as the revs kick in faster with one of these in place. They don't increase power but speed up the throttle response.

JJ882 - one other point: The Mountune upgrade may be a more expensive initial outlay but it's a recognised upgrade for Ford and it is supported by it's own Insurance ID.

Are the panel filter boxes just clip open or do they have security style screws on them?, Noticed 4x screws on my 1.0 non turbo. I guess they only want you to take it to them for servicing etc.

They are probably torq screws (star shape), you can change the filter if you want, you don't have to use ford to service the car either.

• Like 1

They are probably torq screws (star shape), you can change the filter if you want, you don't have to use ford to service the car either.

Hooray, I like to do my own servicing for plugs, oil, filters, coolant, etc. Is there a CD available like there was for MG Rover's which was called RAVE and showed you all the engines, service parts, etc. ?

Steven, You will need a torx screwdriver or bit-set - they're commonly available and inexpensive. The filter top then lifts off. The filter can only fit in properly, one way up, so it's straightforward.

• Like 1

Halfords do the sets. I found in my old mk6 fiesta that the t55 bit was the right fit when swapping the standard seats to zetec s ones!

Hi everyone,

I think that I am going to look at the mountune one. It wont affect the warranty so that suits!

Also, I just bought an S badge from the spares place next door to where i got the car from. Its just a flat one and i dont seem to be able to fit it on the front honeycomb grill. Any ideas how I can do this?

I think this depends on the type of badge, James. If it has adhesive backing it will only fit to paintwork such as boot lid (Ford stopped putting "Zetec S" on boots after 2011 I believe). If it has thread and a threaded bar to wind on and grip, you can have fun fitting it to the grille (if you can't feed your hand up from the lower grille access to wind the bar on, I suspect you may need to remove the front bumper (other members may offer better advice?!)....

By the way, you will get a small Mountune badge with their kit if you take that option

I think I am defo taking the mountune option. I am going to wait for a few months then I shall go for the upgrade.

The badge is just the flat, adhesive one. It was all they could find apparently in the spares dept. I may have to modify it to put on the grill by looks.

Really appreciate your feedback.

Steven, You will need a torx screwdriver or bit-set - they're commonly available and inexpensive. The filter top then lifts off. The filter can only fit in properly, one way up, so it's straightforward.

Thanks Mate, I think I got one amongst some multi screwdriver heads.