Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007 Mk6 Fiesta 1.4 Tdci Weird Problem

saul tdi

Hey guys so my fiesta has this weird and extremely annoying problem.

It has a 1-2 second delay when i try to rev it any time the car isn't 100% stationary. Say i'm going about 30mph in 4th gear for example and not pressing any pedals then if i press the accelerator to the floor nothing will happen for about a second. Same thing happens in neutral or with the clutch in, i could put my foot to the floor and as long as the car is moving it will have about a second of a delay before it revs at all.

But when the car is 100% stationary it will rev just like any normal car.. The problem is only when the car is moving (at any speed fast or slow)

This is one of those problems where youre probably thinking "its not that big of a deal just live with it" but its very annoying and makes it impossible to do quick maneuvers without stalling (as it wont rev) and i do a lot of maneuvers so this is super annoying. Also i paid a lot of money for this car a few weeks ago, i could have got one a lot cheaper but i went for a more expensive one hoping it would be problem free. So i kinda don't wanna live with any problems atm..

Also when motorway driving or driving in any gear holding the revs just under 3k the engine will accelerate and decelerate rapidly. The speed road speed remains the same for the most part in higher gears when this happens but you can definitely feel it slightly hesitating and then picking up again rapidly.

I wonder if the accelerator position sensor is faulty? I know nothing about these cars though so if anyone has any ideas what could be causing this problem please let me know

Really need help guys please and thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club