Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo tdci 140

Billy1561

Hello all.

I have had my 'new' mondeo for just over a week and the economy is poor.

In general driving inc motorway i am averaging 36 mpg and that is normal driving not thrashing it about.

I would be interested in any thoughts as to why this may be? It can't be right as i have just part exchanged the equivalent vehicle (06 plate) which averaged 42 urban and 45 in general.

It is a 2.0 ltr tdci 140 manual.

Cheers.

Hello all.

I have had my 'new' mondeo for just over a week and the economy is poor.

In general driving inc motorway i am averaging 36 mpg and that is normal driving not thrashing it about.

I would be interested in any thoughts as to why this may be? It can't be right as i have just part exchanged the equivalent vehicle (06 plate) which averaged 42 urban and 45 in general.

It is a 2.0 ltr tdci 140 manual.

Cheers.

I cleaned my EGR inlet manifold out last week and its improved the performance and fuel consumption no end1 worth try.

hi im a newbie! i was looking for consumption questions and saw this. i have a zetec 115 tdci and i am experiencing similar sort of problems. for mine only being 115 bhp surely i would or should be getting 50+ mpg!? dont get me wrong i am getting about 48 but that was down to gt yarmouth yesterday i am looking at ways to make it more lively too any pointers from anyone? i know that there are plug in chips or remaps which one is best?

hi im a newbie! i was looking for consumption questions and saw this. i have a zetec 115 tdci and i am experiencing similar sort of problems. for mine only being 115 bhp surely i would or should be getting 50+ mpg!? dont get me wrong i am getting about 48 but that was down to gt yarmouth yesterday i am looking at ways to make it more lively too any pointers from anyone? i know that there are plug in chips or remaps which one is best?

To be honest you have to drive like miss daisy to get the manufacturers figures. But you could try cleaning your EGR and the MAF sensor if yours is a late 115. The early ones did not have one. As for more poke. The roverron synergie tuning box comes highly recommend. And is only 150 quid. A lot of TDCI owners use it and are very pleased with the results. When you considor a remap can cost up to 400 and give similer results its very good value.

I cleaned my EGR inlet manifold out last week and its improved the performance and fuel consumption no end1 worth try.

That sounds like good advice BUT my car is just 3 months old with 5k on the clock. Would it require doing so soon? I mean i could end up doing it every 3 months of its life it that was true.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club