Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Mk2 2007 Main Beam Problem

chuzzwuzzer

Recently changed a faulty bulb in my passenger side headlight.Working fine now but now both the full beams on both headlights aren't working. No blue light on dash either. Could me changing a bulb have blown the fuse for the main beams on both sides ?

Fuse would be a good place to start. I know the dipped beams have a fuse per side, not sure about mains though.

Pretty sure the headlamp fuses are in the engine bay fusebox rather than the one which drops down from behind the glovebox.

Fusebox for the lights was under glovebox.Checked fuse 37 and 38 which apparently is the main beam fuses.Cant see any damage to the filament. Handbook shows a totally different fusebox so had to look on the net for the correct diagram. Where do i go from here. Just seems weird that the main beam on both sides has stopped working since i changed the headlight bulb ?

• Like 1

Check the relay, it is near the fuses. You can test it by swapping it with another relay and trying the lights. Do you hear a click from around the glove box when you pull the stalk for full beams?

Could be a problem with the stalk on the steering column not switching over to main beam - what happens if you try the main bean flash on the stalk?

Or there's maybe there's a problem with the high beam relay itself, related to the bulb blowing. The bad news here is that the relay is integral to the GEM module and not a serviceable part :(

Could be a problem with the stalk on the steering column not switching over to main beam - what happens if you try the main bean flash on the stalk?

Or there's maybe there's a problem with the high beam relay itself, related to the bulb blowing. The bad news here is that the relay is integral to the GEM module and not a serviceable part :(

I'll stand corrected on the relay part here. I remembered changing a relay for my full beams but this must have been on my MK1.

• Like 1

I'll stand corrected on the relay part here. I remembered changing a relay for my full beams but this must have been on my MK1.

No worries I got it wrong myself for where the fuses lived :rolleyes:

This may sound daft but have you double checked all connections going to the headlamp and that bulbs are seated corrected and correct type use? Changing your bulb shouldn't have caused so much trouble.

Be careful when/if swapping relays, they can be wired differently you can see this from the wiring diagram on the side of each relay

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club