Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Electrics Screw Me

jacksmyth1.8tdci

Howdy im new but i have just purchased a 1.8tdci and im thoroughly enjoying the car but a few minor hicups have occurred, when starting the car cold within the first 5 seconds of driving the car my electrics seem to all stop for about 3 seconds then turn back on and alls fine for the rest of a journey , the problem is i believe its blowing my dipped beam lights, im getting the car serviced and generally inspected tommorow but any help would be great. Great car this issue is just stopping me fully enjoying it as i dont know if the bulbs will blow on a dark road.

Thanks jack.

Its 2006 and has 100000 on it if that helps :D

I would check for any loose connections around the battery, alternator and fuse box. Then i would check the earth straps and their connection

• Like 1

what ^^^ John says sounds like the culprit. Have a look yourself and tighten any cables connections that are loose and save yourself £££'s

Hello everyone just back from the garage there, one of the connectors to the battery (positive i think) was very loose which could cause this like you have said and altenater looks brand new, waiting for car to cool to see if problem persists, thanks for the help

If your battery was disconnecting, the alternator would have been giving out far too high a voltage/spikes causing your bulbs to blow ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club