Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Flashing Glow Plug Indicator

emma5887

I realise there are a lot of posts relating to the glow plug indicator but after many hours of Google im still unable to find someone who has the exact same issues as me.

The car is a 2.0 tdci 02 plate mondeo. Owned for around 2 months and had no issues with the car until last week when the glow plug indicator started flashing on the motorway and the car went into limp home mode. The light has not stopped flashing since.

The car now struggles to start on a morning but once its been driven for a short distance will start fine.

We have done the fault codes on the dash, originally it said Dtc none but now saying dtc 9318 which I have googled and found out means low battery voltage. There is also a beep from the engine bay when revving and then a double beep when turning the car off.

Can't afford to take the car to the garage until the end of next week and needs to be used for work. I'm just wondering if anyone has an insight?

Apologies but I'm not very mechanically clued up

when this happens on a galaxy it normally means a new brake switch is needed are your brake lights working???.

whats the voltage on the battery,a lot of cars beep to let you know the battery is failing.

Definitely worth checking battery voltage when running and off. Also worth checking the alternator, most garages so a free check so visit two or three to find our what the majority verdict is.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies, Sorry didn't realise I have had any, came back to give an update.

Brake lights work fine, battery has been tested and is fine.

We have also had the glow plug relay tested which was fine, changed the actual glow plugs yesterday and cleaned the egr for good measure.

This morning the car started normally. No struggle, no white smoke etc.... Dtc on the dashboard now reads none.

However the light is still flashing and the car is still in limp mode(although it does seem like power has improved Slightly)

Would I have to get the codes cleared by a garage to get it back to normal or is it that the car still detects a fault?

getting the codes cleared is a good starting point, but if the error is still happening it wont fix the issue.

It's booked in tommorrow for diagnostics. Guy at the garage reckons it sounds like it just needs clearing now. Will update when I know more

• Like 1

Renew the fuel filter if not recently done.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So the garage has done diagnostics and it's nothing to do with the glow plug system. They haven't actually given me the code number but have said its "knock control cylinder 4". Have been told that it could be one of many things but they don't think it's anything too serious. When I first collected the car the mechanic I spoke to said I'd need to book it in for an hour and they would find the problem but on calling back a few days later I'm now being told it can take up to 6 hours and in excess of £300 just to find the problem. does this seem right? I wouldn't usually question it but it's a big difference being told 1 hour by the first mechanic and upto 6 by the second mechanic when they both work at the same garage!!!!

Take it to ford. They tend to fix the diagnostic fee to about a hundred quid.

sounds like a dodgy injector get them to do a leak off test.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club