• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 davyr

davyr

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: ford focus zetec
Posted 27 April 2008 - 06:15 PM

First of all hello guys as i am new to this forum.
I have a problem with my 2004 ford focus 1.6 zetec air conditioning,when the air conditioning is turned off and i put the heater blower on it pulls in the magnetic clutch and activates the air conditioning but when i turn the blower to zero it deactivates the magnetic clutch on the airconditioning.The light on the control panel does not light up either any suggestions guys would be much appreciated.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 old cruiser

old cruiser

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Ford Model: wife's 2006 Fiesta 1.25 [Climate]

Posted 28 April 2008 - 01:19 PM

If it's of any help mate ; mine is a 2005 MKII focus and if in particular I have it set to blow on the windscreen and the aircon is ON e.g fan switch to position one and then I switch to position 0 then the aircon is turned off , switch it back on to position 1 again and the aircon comes back on ; this is normal behaviour for the MKII
chers Pete

#3 Tim ST170

Tim ST170

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: 04 Focus ST170
Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:31 PM

This is normal on the later focus' as far as I'm aware, however its irritating if you don't want the aircon to come on.

There is a method of stopping it doing this by disconnecting something, but I'm unaware how to do this. A quick solution would be to select the footwell and window instead of only window, as that'll stop this happening.

#4 old cruiser

old cruiser

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Ford Model: wife's 2006 Fiesta 1.25 [Climate]

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:30 PM

This is normal on the later focus' as far as I'm aware, however its irritating if you don't want the aircon to come on.

There is a method of stopping it doing this by disconnecting something, but I'm unaware how to do this. A quick solution would be to select the footwell and window instead of only window, as that'll stop this happening.

That's what I normally have mine set on as you say it stops this happening
cheers Pete

#5 davyr

davyr

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: ford focus zetec
Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:57 AM

Cheers for the help guys

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users